x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

eVB and Comm Control and Cellphones

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 10:29 PM
#
Most cellphones support AT commands (I know mine does), and if you bust open HyperTerminal you can use your PC to use your phone to send SMS messages to people. Quite simple and handy. The PC over Bluetooth (or IrDA) can see the phone as a COM port basically.

Since I've got a phone with IrDA and my J720 has IrDA, it'd be nice to replace my PC in the loop with my 720. But with eVB would I use the winsock cause it works with IrDA, or would I use comm control cause I'm using my cellphone as a serial port?

I've been trying to get a VB6 version going but every time I try it I get BSODed... but works from HyperTerminal.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm willing to bet you're going to need to use the Comm control. Especially since you're noting you're using HyperTerminal with your phone just fine.

Edited by mscdex 2006-04-17 11:46 PM
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 6:51 PM
#
As I was thinking this through I think the idea/project as a whole is dead because the serial port is a "virtual" on on my phone...because it travels over bluetooth (or IrDA if I had it). I'll look in to the whole thing (maybe I can create a cable) but I'm fairly sure my HPC won't be able to do this without some drivers.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 7:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dunno, i just use a program for sending sms's to the phone.. there are several, i like mphone best.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 9:23 PM
#
I'll look around...I just like doin' it myself (I'm doing it for a carputer...why not my PDA??) so maybe mphone will do.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9