x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PPC
PPC Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 8:04 AM
#
I have purchesed a Pocket Pc, only after the aquisition I found out that the OS(Win CE.NET) is diminshed, so it enabling the activation of 4 games a mp3 player and a navagation application.
I would like to upgrade the OS so it would function as a normal PPc.

Any Ideas?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 8:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

OKay, first, this is a Handheld PC Forum, not a Pocket PC Forum. Second, what is your model Pocket PC? And how is the OS diminished?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 11:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i see this is in the right forum (if we don't mind the pda doesn't have a keyboard heh) except that it could be in the cenet section if i understand correctly: is it running cenet 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2?

"PPC", what is the exact model of the pda? who is the manufacturer?
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 12:58 PM
#
MIO 136.
Windows CE.NET 4.2.
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have been used my Medion MD95900 model no MDPNA 200S for short time than I lost my rom so I can only put it to upgrade tool r17 mode. Please helm me to flash back my firmware and repair my device. By mistake I did format FLASH for BINFS and now do not know what to do. I think that I had Win ce net 4.2 core what is writen on the back of the device. Please help me!
Marko
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah i see. this thread will go the the cenet section. that's where it fits..

to the questions: "Guest", sorry no idea how to upgrade the OS to ppc if the manufacturer never released such a rom. this should be a gps and mp3 player device, shouldnt it. it is not intended to be a pocketpc..
but if you tell us what app you'd like to install on it and the exact problems or errors you've encountered while trying to install the program, we may be able to help (or not)

mjankovic: how did you lose the rom? can you reach support from the manufacturer or is the device eol already?
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 10:13 AM
#
on startUp the PPC has:Calendar, Contatct, Settings (aka control panel) and the mp3 player.

There is a possiblity of synch' with the PC.

When I sync it (Calendar, Contacts,files) , It wonly copies the files to the PPC and ignores the 'Calendar' and 'Contacts'.

I want to emphasis that I can "explor" the contents of the Internal Memory as well as the storage disk (Using the Sync' software from the PC).

I would like to be able to use the calendar and the Contacts app's for now.

It is very weird that I can access all the files inside the PPC including the OS files, and cannot enable trivial things
such as 'run' and adding things to the PPC's Desktop.

Thanks.

"Guest"

p.s
1)I have even installed a PPC App - it copied it self to the relevant libraries, but of course i couldn't use it - So I used
the 'Remove software' tool that was in the 'Settings'.
2) After StartUp I can chabge the state of the PPC by choosing the Navagation App to a more diminished PPC desktop
(without the calendar and contacts)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.168 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26