x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

help for firmware

1 2
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 6:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have Medion MD95900 gps pda device which rom is now formated and lost. Could anyone please help me to revive my device by flashing it. I can put my pda in flashing and updating mode and could flash from usb cable or sd/mmc card. Does anybody knows how and with what i could solve my problem. On the back of the device is writen that it uses win ce net 4.2 core.
Thanks in advance
Marko
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to source a compatible rom.. that will be difficult can you contact official support if there's still any?
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now i find what I probabbly have to do but do not know how. However I found that I have to make BINFS image for flashing my device from sd/mmc card. When I test rom checksum i get message that NO BINFS FILESYSTEM. The options that are ofer to me are
WINCE by USB
UBOOT by USB
WINCE by SD/MMC
UBOOT by SD/MMC and
format FLASH for BINFS
If someone know now how to make BINFS FILESYSTEM please let me know. My system was win ce net 4.2 core
Marko
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mjankovic - 2006-04-20 12:39 AM

Now i find what I probabbly have to do but do not know how. However I found that I have to make BINFS image for flashing my device from sd/mmc card. When I test rom checksum i get message that NO BINFS FILESYSTEM. The options that are ofer to me are
WINCE by USB
UBOOT by USB
WINCE by SD/MMC
UBOOT by SD/MMC and
format FLASH for BINFS
If someone know now how to make BINFS FILESYSTEM please let me know. My system was win ce net 4.2 core
Marko

if you want to build the OS yourself you must be able to select the right drivers for your platform etc.

actually it is very easy to build a core cenet 4.2 system, but it may not be able to boot without the correct drivers and whatnot.

if you want to know the details and support is no longer available from the manufacturer (?!?!) send me a PM.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 2:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Contact the manufacturer and ask for an image. It's a pretty new device and they should support it (unless they're out of business).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 8:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes thats what i've been saying over and over. but he doesn't seem to realize that..
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-22 10:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Dear CMONEX Thanks a lot for your kindness to help me. When I get to bootload mode i can see that i can do it also from sd/mmc card, as from usb. So please help me if you can to make binfs for flash my medion md95900 from sd/mmc. When i connect to usb from the only mode i can get, bootloader mode it needs driver called "SEC S3C2410X Test B/D" so I do not know what is that and when i can found it. I did write to Medion but they are sorry they are under construction or something like that I am little away from west civilisation but if You can help me I will be pleased.
All the best, Marko
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-22 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, my first question, do you have a ROM image in the first place?
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 4:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unfortunally not. I have only the possibility to get to bootloader mode and on the back side of my device is written that there was "win ce .net 4.2 core". In the bootloader mode i find options for flashing it from usb or SD/MMC card and the option "format for BINFS" So i think i must find the right flash.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 7:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, that's a problem then if you don't have the OS image to copy into your ROM. do you have any idea about the BSP (drivers), what would be needed for the device?

maybe someone else with the same device can copy the OS from the rom...
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 7:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

how do you know that the ROM is lost? try some other menu options, hard reset and such.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah how did you lose the ROM?
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 11:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have tried to get to bootloader mode and i found option "format for BINFS" so I did it by mistake and now I can not start my device so I can only get to bootloadr mode where i cat find options "wince from usb" or "wince from sd/mmc card". So I think I could flash it if i found right software. On the back on my device was writen: win ce .net 4.2 core but I can not find it to downlosd
I do not know what is BINFS and how can I prepare image for sd/mmc for flashing
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well as i said you need to source a compatible ROM image from somewhere do you have the hardware specifications of the device?
 Top of the page
mjankovic Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

What I need is win ce .net 4.2 core
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10