x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can'tobtain ip address iPaq 2495 WM5

jpb Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I appreciate any help anyone can give me. My iPaq was working perfectly with email for the last few months and all of a sudden it won't check email. I can browse the web perfectly well, but now when I send/receive in Inbox it says "Cannot Connect with current connection settings." If the web is working, obviously this must be a partial connection, but my knowledge of this stuff is limited. Here is what I notice:

If I go to manager it's connected to my wireless internet at a good dBm. Everything is filled in except the IP address. When I click "more" it says:

DHCP: Disable
and the other fields are blank (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway)

I'm guessing it has to do with this but I've looked for hours and can't find a way to "enable DHCP." Any ideas? I really appreciate it. I'm heading out of town soon and will not be taking my laptop and really need this thing working.
 Top of the page
jpb Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I thought I would update with some things I've tried.

First, I tried deleting all the network connections (it stores a name and setting set for each network you connect to) and let it re-discover my home network. I've now tried it on two different networks with the same results.

Here's the tricky thing. When I go into the network adaptor settings it is set to automatically obtain an ip address. In the box, it gives a number (that goes away if you click "assign" or whatever it is to give it a static ip). If I turn on the pocket pc's wireless and I go to whatismyip.com, the IP is different! When I ping the one that is in the pocket pc I get an answer. When I ping the one from whatismyip.com I don't. Does this shed any light on the problem?

The whole thing is giving me an ice cream headache (unfortunately without the ice cream).
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 4:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry, however I cannot help you. But, this is a Handheld PC forum, not a Pocket PC one.. I suggest you ask for help at brighthand, pocketpccity, or pocket pc mag...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, you made the same thread twice.. this isn't permitted here..

will move this to offtopic, but i think you really should try a real pocketpc forum.
 Top of the page
jpb Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I posted it twice for two reasons.

1) I couldn't delete my first post as a guest poster when I realized it was in the wrong place (windows professional).
2) I wanted to be able to receive email alerts when responded to.

I didn't realize that this kind of question was a no-no everywhere except a pocket pc forum. I thought since it was Windows that people in this forum might have a problem. Please feel free to delete this post and my account from these forums.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 9:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You dont have to have your account deleted... There are some regular users on this site that dont have HPCs...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jpb - 2006-04-20 3:07 AM

I posted it twice for two reasons.

1) I couldn't delete my first post as a guest poster when I realized it was in the wrong place (windows professional).
2) I wanted to be able to receive email alerts when responded to.

I didn't realize that this kind of question was a no-no everywhere except a pocket pc forum. I thought since it was Windows that people in this forum might have a problem. Please feel free to delete this post and my account from these forums.

Thanks.

hey, well i couldnt delete the first post either as i'm not a general moderator, just in a few sections someone may clear it up later.

anyway no offense meant! it wasn't against you, it just doesn't fit in the profil eof this forum and we just don't have the expertise to help in a pocketpc issue. the hpc works a little differently even though it is based on windows CE too. sorry for that.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 4:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe you'd consider getting a Handheld PC.
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 7:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

tenjeangosi - 2006-04-19 9:30 PM

You dont have to have your account deleted... There are some regular users on this site that dont have HPCs...

people like me
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 8:49 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

That is okay, you can get a new one...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9