x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can I use AS 3.8 with Windows Mobile 2005?

bthylafh
bthylafh Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 11:43 AM
#
Hello,

I've got a new Dell Axim x51 that runs Mobile 2005. Unfortunately, my workplace uses Oracle Calendar, and their sync program still does not work with Activesync 4.1. Is it possible to use Activesync 3.8 with this PDA? If so, how?

This is what I've done so far:

Remove AS 4.1
Install AS 3.8
AS asks me to plug in the PDA. I do so.
AS sits there trying to communicate and always fails. Can communicate fine with 4.1.
Lather, rinse, repeat, give up and reinstall 4.1.

It works, sort of, to have OCal export to vcal and then have Outlook import the file into its main calendar, but that's annoyingly manual. Using OCal's Outlook conduit tool doesn't work, because Activesync will only sync the main Outlook calendar and the conduit creates a separate calendar within Outlook.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 12:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The answer as far as I am aware is no. It specifically needs a 4.x client.

Also please be aware that this isn't a Pocket PC support site, it's a H/PC one. You can get targeted assistance for the PPC over at PocketPCThoughts.
 Top of the page
bthylafh
bthylafh Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 2:25 PM
#
Oh, sorry. I just saw "Activesync" and "Windows CE" and made assumptions. Thanks for your help, though.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 2:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No problem. Good luck with the developer.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8