x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Astraware titles on netBook Pro

sterling
sterling Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 1:57 AM
#
Folks,
I've installed Bejeweled 2 and Zuma trial versions of Astraware on my netBook Pro.
The versions are running pretty well and in full screen mode! (thanks to the VGA enabled versions of both titles ). (You have to remove the gx.dll file that is installed with the software, you ensure that GAPI for HPC's gx.dll is picked up).
I only noticed that I cannot register the software as it claims it has no owner name!
Does anyone know how to set the owner name in the registry in order to enable Astraware titles to recognize it?! The default owner applet in Control Panel is not checked apparently with the Astraware titles.

Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 5:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Have you tried any of their other titles? They have a lot of games available at their site.

http://www.astraware.com
 Top of the page
sterling
sterling Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 10:42 AM
#
Following Astraware games work perfectly and they scale automatically to 480x640 (huge on the netBook Pro of course):

1. Bejeweled 2
2. Bejeweled
3. Tradewinds
4. Zuma
5. Shapeshifter
6. Strange Adventures in Infinite Space
7. G-Prime (does require GAPI for HPC...)

A few remarks:
All these games come with their own stub gx.dll; do NOT delete this. They don't need GAPI for HPC at all.
Secondly, install the _2577.CAB and NOT the _2577.WM5.CAB files

Another interesting one that scales perfectly to 800x600 is MiniGolf and MiniGolf Extra. Beautiful scaled! Be aware, you will need in this GAPI for HPC!

I'm trying now others...
 Top of the page
sterling
sterling Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 12:39 PM
#
For screenshots of the Astraware games running on netBook Pro, check out this a thread of mine in the PDAStreet forum!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, nice stuff!

sterling, wont you want to register here? your name would look nicer in green lol..
 Top of the page
Manolito
Manolito Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 5:45 AM
#
Astraware Sudoku 1.30 also runs fine!

But again the problem with registering (as mentioned above): The program reports that the devices owner name is empty...

I think, it checks for a registry key which is missing on CE.NET. Unfortunately I have already sold my Pocket PC, so I can't check where the owner name was stored there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8