x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 620LX with WinCE 2.11 Upgrade & Xircom CE3B NIC Card - Internet for 1 sec!

[Frozen]
Frozen
Da_Aceman
Da_Aceman Page Icon Posted 2005-01-14 11:03 PM
#
Hello all!

I'm a long time viewer but now a new member of HPCFactor.

I just upgraded my HP 620LX with the Upgrade chip that makes it Win CE 3 running on the Win CE 2.11 Core. Before the upgrade, this Xircom NIC Card and another Xircom card the CE3 which are both listed on the HCL worked fine, however when I upgraded, neither card fully works, and will connect for only one second to the internet then drops out on the router. During that one second if timed correctly, I can access any site like yahoo.com but can only download just a few segments of the HTML page. I also have an Ambicom Wireless CF Card as well and I can't even connect to the net although all the settings are correct. I am guessing that there is something in Win CE that is preventing me from going on the net correctly. Anyone else have problems with this HPC or this version of Win CE? Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and I can get this on the net soon.

Thanks all!

Da_Aceman
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-15 7:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to the forums.

I have gone back and checked the adapter, it was flagged as 2.11 compatible in the HCL because Intel (Xircom) say it is so.

Have you installed SP1, any other hardware. Are any Storage Cards in the device?
You could try installing the PCMCIA.dll update for the Jornada 600 series.

Does the PCMCIA slot work OK with other NIC's?
 Top of the page
Da_Aceman
Da_Aceman Page Icon Posted 2005-01-15 7:45 PM
#
Hello again C-Amie.

The 620LX only has a 256MB CF Card, no other hardware except these NIC's. I just downloaded the PCMCIA.dll update from HP.com and it works now! I'm able to go online with both Xircom cards again. I'm gonna try now with the Ambicom CF card and see how it works! Thanks for your help! One last question... what version is this HPC? again its the 620LX with the 2.11 Upgrade ROM however it says that it is HPC Pro version 3.0. I tried to apply the WinCE 3 Service Pack but it won't install. Is it because its running on the 2.11 core or is it really a ver 3 of CE? Again thanks for your help.

Da_Aceman
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-15 7:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Glad to be of service.

It is Windows CE 2.11, Handheld PC Professional Edition v3.0.

a H/PC Pro v3.01 device doesn't need the H/PC Pro SP1.
It is not a CE3 device.

See : http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=20 : for more
 Top of the page
pocket terminal
pocket terminal Page Icon Posted 2005-09-03 4:24 AM
#
Greetings Aceman:

Just curious where you got your upgrade chip. I've been lookin for one for a long time and cannot locate one on the net. Please reply if you or anyone else know.

Thanks!

PT
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-03 6:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thread Closed
Please don't dredge old threads with off-chart questions.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11