x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Internet Explorer

Paul
Paul Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 5:19 AM
#
Hello! How can I install Pocket Internet Explorer in a device based in Windows CE .net?

Thank You
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 9:05 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Do you have Internet Explorer 5.5/6 intsallled on it already? What device are you using?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 9:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well you may succeed using platform builder, do you have cenet 4.0 4.1 or 4.2 on the device? what device is this that it doesn't have a browser? or you want PIE instead of MSIE?
 Top of the page
Pauli Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 4:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I'm Paul, already registered. I'm using cenet 4.2, and the problem is that I couldn't install the program. When I try to install the program with the Host Installer, I get the next error: "Can not load or find PPCLOAD.dll, which is required for installation". I have to use de PIE because I'm developing an application that uses the HTML control of the OpenNetCF and this control wraps the htmlview native control which requires Pocket IE.

I need Pocket IE instead Internet Explorer.
I'm using ActiveSync 4.1 to connect to device.

Edited by Pauli 2006-04-26 4:20 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 9:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Where did you get the Pocket IE? If it wants the PPCLOAD.dll, it could be a Pocket PC Program (Windows Mobile 2003-Windows Mobile 5/Pocket PC 200x) I will try to search the internet for you. Also, what kind of processor do you have on your device?

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-04-26 9:08 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Pauli - 2006-04-26 10:14 AM

Hi, I'm Paul, already registered. I'm using cenet 4.2, and the problem is that I couldn't install the program. When I try to install the program with the Host Installer, I get the next error: "Can not load or find PPCLOAD.dll, which is required for installation". I have to use de PIE because I'm developing an application that uses the HTML control of the OpenNetCF and this control wraps the htmlview native control which requires Pocket IE.

I need Pocket IE instead Internet Explorer.
I'm using ActiveSync 4.1 to connect to device.

my questions are the same as tenjeangosi's. where did you get the program (PIE) from? platform builder? put ppcload.dll on your system from there.
 Top of the page
Pauli Page Icon Posted 2006-04-27 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got the PIE in the download zone of this website(http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/msie/pie11/). The processor of my device is an Intel PXA255.
Thank you very much.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-27 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Pauli - 2006-04-27 3:42 PM

I got the PIE in the download zone of this website(http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/msie/pie11/). The processor of my device is an Intel PXA255.
Thank you very much.

well that PIE is for CE 1.0 and for MIPS and SH3 only.... and doesn't know much anyway as it is almost ten years old

you will definitely need platform builder to get PIE hacked onto your system

or if all you need is htmlview.dll and/or webview.dll get it from my site, http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php
 Top of the page
Pauli Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 4:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you very much, I'll try with htmlview.dll.
 Top of the page
Pauli Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've loaded my application in the device, and now the html control works correctly. Again thank you for your help.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9