x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wmIRC runs on ce.net hpc's!!!

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wmirc is a very cool irc client. very full featured. and logging is excellent in it. a few screenshots below will show what the app is like...

what you need to run it:

on cenet 4.2:

cellcore (5th folder in cellcore.zip on my site)

(and that's all... )

on ce.net 4.1:

OS version hexedit to 4.1
aygshell.dll (22k)
cellcore (same one)
and a little patch to force wmirc to fit the typebox and the tabs to the screen correctly. (the 22k aygshell is nowhere as good as the ce.net 4.2 aygshell.. and i could not get the 4.2 aygshell to work with wmirc on 4.1 due to coredll.dll issues)

on hpc2000: well... all i get is a white screen (no crash just white instead of menus etc)... even with the patch.. but working on it. the patch is currently made for cenet devices so maybe that's the problem!
btw you need a cenet 4.2 ws2.dll for hpc2000 so that wmirc can start up at all

ok, will post the patch too here.. you need to run wmirc.exe first THEN run the patch.. and that's all you need to do.
patch may be developed further to get the user list into the channel window... (this isn't a "hack bug", wmirc just won't show it by default, only if you click on a menu item. because it is designed for ppc's)

(image004.jpg)

(image003.jpg)

(image005.jpg)

(image006.jpg)

(image007.jpg)

(image008.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image004.jpg (28KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments image003.jpg (17KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments image005.jpg (26KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments image006.jpg (23KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image007.jpg (28KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image008.jpg (19KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

patch attached in this message.

usage:

select the right patch exe according to your screen resolution. run wmirc.exe first THEN run the patch and switch back to wmirc...
you need to do this every time you start wmirc. tested only with the trial version of wmirc so far. will try with the full version as soon as i can.

thanks a LOT to szilamer for the patch!

(btw: he's started developing a new aygshell.dll! and i'm sure there will be even more fun.. )

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wmircpatchv2.zip (3KB - 10 downloads)
 Top of the page
szilamer Page Icon Posted 2006-04-27 5:44 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex - 2006-04-25 10:34 PM

patch attached in this message.

usage:

select the right patch exe according to your screen resolution. run wmirc.exe first THEN run the patch and switch back to wmirc...
you need to do this every time you start wmirc. tested only with the trial version of wmirc so far. will try with the full version as soon as i can.

thanks a LOT to szilamer for the patch!

(btw: he's started developing a new aygshell.dll! and i'm sure there will be even more fun.. )

v2 is an ancient version of the patch.
I use v3 which contains a few improvements over v2:
1. Automatic wmirc.exe execution. There is no need to run wmirc.exe and patch separately.Just one tap on patch , and the patch executes wmirc,and do the control resize and move.
2. One file for all screen resolutions. The patch determines screen resolution and apply the appropiate resize and move.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Could you provide a link to WMirc and to the version 3 patch?

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 8:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wmirc 2.2 can be downloaded from wmirc.com

i dont know if the netbook pro needs the patch as it already has the right aygshell.dll (ce.net 4.2 one)

but if it does, you can try the v2 patch and soon v3..
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Haven't tried the patch yet to see if it fixes anything, but executability check reports "aygshell.dll could not export a function ordinary 97" on my Netbook Pro. The only change I made was to drop a cellcore.dll in the program directory.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

LOL, i am ashamed now... i forgot to mention aygshell 97!

open the wmirc.exe in a hexeditor, search for 61 00 00 80 and replace it with 28 00 00 80, you will find two instances of this string. that's all.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks, works fine now after the hex edits. I am not using the patch, but am using Winwatch to adjust the size of the preference panel and the like. Any idea whether the full registered version will work with the same edits? I am sick of the IBM Java IRC client eating up my ram and cluttering my root.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i dont have the full registered version yet.. (yeah should get and try it as soon as i can ) but i assume it should work.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11