x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 1.0 Software

1 2 3 4 5
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 3:22 PM
#
Thanks for the replies so for to my question of direct installation. Exe files are ok but cabs will not install on from cf card comes up saying not recognised do I need some additional software??Also cant get my pc or laptop to work with powertoys1 so could some one please help by sending me the apps within the file ready copy and install via cf card?? would be a great help my email is andrew.moorhouse@tiscali.co.uk..

again thanks to all those how have helped!!!

regards Andrew
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 3:41 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Anyone want to get all the cabs and then I can add them to my site? Unless if this is violating any agreements. (The companies are all dead for CE 1 )
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sounds like you CF cards nakerd? It should work? Anyone any other ideas?

Nick
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 4:15 PM
#
I think I may have download a cab file for wince 2. So cab problem is my fault.....
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 4:17 PM
#
ProgramSynthesiser whats your web address so can have a look??
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Just click on view website on the bottom of my posts.

www.digitalutopia.somee.com

-Note that I will be able to do much more with the site once Nick and I figure it out

--Don't bother me about broken links; those pages aren't uploaded yet.
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 5:10 PM
#
Again thanks to everyone for their help.MAy actaully find a use for the wince 1.0 device now. All I need is the files within the powertoys file so I can upgrade and install further software and will be happy so any who could help pease email them (emails earlier in this part of forum)...

Again thanks

regards
Andrew

PS
any software recommendations??(pref freeware)
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Pretty much all the software available is on the thread about CE 1 software.

Why not register? Welcome to the forums.
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 5:31 PM
#
Will consider registering but not sure I'll have much to contribute as I'm a Psion freak(32 machines)Only have 2 Wince based devices the Wince 1.0(shs) Compaq C140 and a Ipaq 3870(mobile 2003 installed). At the Moment am trying to(as if you couldn't guess) get the C140 to a situation where I'll actaully use it for a productive role such as ground surveys with in a cave system. So any help with software and installation is most helpful. Still can't install cab files direct from the machine or cf card which is anoying.

regards Andrew
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 6:08 PM
#
Nick Charlton and those interested I found found this comment on hpcfactor downloads part of site

"The Windows CE 1.0 Power Toys add additional functionality, performance enhancements and productivity tools to your Handheld PC. The installer is only available as a Host Side Installer as Windows CE 1 generation devices do not support the Cabinet installation method."

So this means no powertoys useless(have no sync cable) someone is willing to email zipped copies of installed software from their machines by this I mean the actaul folders from the disk drives where various parts are installed.(my machines is has shs processor) Please please some one help it is mostly the paint program I require but any other parts would be most welcome.........

Again thank you to everyone for any help they offer...

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'll look into getting those exe's for you. I have the old transfer software somewhere.

You don't even need a HPC to register, ask Snappy!

EDIT: WHOA! 32 machines? Wow... *bows*

2nd EDIT: You could like strap them together over a high-speed network and have one heck of a Psion server!

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-04-03 6:39 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 12:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry guys, but you are all off the mark here.

Windows CE 1.0x does not support CABInst generated files, so to CE 1.0, .cab files are not executable.

They either have to be moved up to the device by some means (CF, Modem, Null Modem or H/PC Explorer - or host installed.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 2:54 AM
#
Not only are .cab files unsupported by Windows CE 1.0, but programs can NOT be installed to removeable media (eg. a CompactFlash Card)!
 Top of the page
DHBegnaud
DHBegnaud Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 4:03 PM
#

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I recently bought a Compaq PC COmpanion C140 on Ebay but it did not come with the CD-ROM software, only the books and the synch cable. I have a Dell Inspirion 5150 laptop running windows XP on it. I need to install H/PC Explorer 1 on it but I get an error that says it is not a win32 application. Can anyone please help out.

Thanks,

Dean (dhbegnaud1966@yahoo.com)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 6:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please start a new thread here in the CE 1 section, and include the full error message.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.255 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9