x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Esmertec Jbed EVM won't load applets

1 2
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 11:25 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I recently got a Simpad SL4 that had the original Jeode JVM running on it. When I had it upgraded to WinCE 4.2, the JVM was lost, so I got ahold of Esmertecs Jbed EVM which is supposed to be the newer Jeode. It loaded,but every time i run to test java the Esmertec spash screen comes up and then get a "failed to run applet please reload" error.

Any thoughts on how to fix? I am hoping this can get working so I can access java running websites in Pocket IE.

MarkG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jeode isn't the best JVM out there. will not work with a lot of applets. try netfront 3.0 or 3.3. that isn't perfect either but better in many cases than jeode
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 1:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I've tried several (EWE JVM, CrEME 4.1, and SuperWaba) with no success so far.

I tried Netfront 3.2 befor with no success, I'll try getting a more recent ver and try that one.

Of note, when I had the old setup on my simpad (with WinCE4.0), the installed Jeode JVM worked perfectly. Evidently Esmertec made some changes that now cause problems with the EVM.

Any ideas on where I can get an older version of Jeode (Ive already googled my brains out on this with no success)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i can try emailing you a copy i have.. i don't know if it is insignia or esmertec or whatever

you sure netfront 3.2 would run on your simpad? wasn't it 3.0 or 3.3?

also you need the commercial version, the trial has java disabled.

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-28 4:12 PM
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 10:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Netfront: I tried both (probably a mistake with 3.2: its written for PXA2XX processor, 3.1 supports strongARM)

Both failed to run (fatal error) after licensing. Not a cheap mistake.
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 11:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Update: cmonex; tried the your Insignia Jeode ver: Still no dice! I get no error messages, just a blank screen. This is after I have registered the plugin.

Does anyone know of a GUI that allows me to adjust memory settings for a jvm? I've been looking for something that lets me adjust/view memory that is set for jvm use (maybe the esmertec vm just needs its memory tweaked?
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 11:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Update: cmonex; tried the your Insignia Jeode ver: Still no dice! I get no error messages, just a blank screen. This is after I have registered the plugin.

Does anyone know of a GUI that allows me to adjust memory settings for a jvm? I've been looking for something that lets me adjust/view memory that is set for jvm use (maybe the esmertec vm just needs its memory tweaked?
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 11:28 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

markg, the working netfront 3.0 and 3.3 are on my site!! http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php

unfortunately 3.1 and 3.2 will never work.

but even 3.0 has a very nice java vm, and 3.3 will soon come out i hope. there are only betas of it at the moment afaik
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 8:38 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

<i>unfortunately 3.1 and 3.2 will never work. </i>

Why? I thought the purchaced Nf31 and 32 had their JVM built-in.

Also, know of a way to adjust memory settings for the jvm? Or setting up a debug window? I'm still stumped as to hoe the original Jeode worked but now newer versions crash, even with the updated OS and browser. So I fugure there has to be something goofed in the memory configuration of the VM.
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 8:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Also, know of a way to adjust memory settings for the jvm? Or setting up a debug window? I'm still stumped as to hoe the original Jeode worked but now newer versions crash, even with the updated OS and browser. So I fugure there has to be something goofed in the memory configuration of the VM.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

markg - 2006-05-02 2:38 AM

yes but they will never run on your hpc.

NF 3.0 will!

3.3 does work too, at least the final demo. hope the commercial version will be ok too
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 2:51 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Loaded NF 3.0 & tried it on a web site: it works! --Well, sort of. Most of the vieweable pages come up but if I try to access others, NF crashes with a fatal error, then the SIMpad locks up & needs a hard reset.

Haven't tried 3.3 will wait to see when the comercial ver comes out.

Still perplexed by the whole "Jeode not working thing": old Jode worked fine, new doesnt???

Also a bit peeved at Esmertec - they have no real documentation on their site! Handango doesn't either!
Any idea on how to tweak Jeode to adjust memory settings?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange that it crashes for you... neved did this for me on my devices. what site caused such a lockup? i would like to check it.
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 4:51 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

go to the following address: http://hvac.thebakergroup.com/

user name = guest
password = demo

after you are in, select "Air Handler" button on left side.
then select "schedule" box on lower right side (select between "Schedule" and "(click to view)"

you should end up at the url: http://hvac.thebakergroup.com/db/Baker/lonTrunk/Lighting/Logic/Schedule

If I select weekly, screen starts to load, then NF fatally crashes w/ exception 0xC0000005
address 00092E88

And my Simpad hangs.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.261 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9