x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

internet explorer foe windows CE/medion satnav

andy
andy Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 6:13 AM
#
Hi, I ask forgiveness in advance I am new to Windows CE,handhelds and don't know how to code.

Please can anyone assist.

I have a Medion MDPNA150 Sat Nav

Althougth this machine is set up with a skin that hides the operatiing system it does in fact run on windows CE.net 4.2

I have managed to remove the skin so that I can see the desktop and the start menu bar.I can now see Windows Explorer ,Control panel and the Taskbar.i can connect and transfer files via Activesync and my XP laptop.

OK
I,m trying to install a web browser, not yet have I dwelt on how to connect it to an IP source just get the browser in place.I,ve tried minimo (mozilla) and Pocket Internet version 1.I can transfer the files OK but they won't run.I,m guessing that this may br because the operating system has been cut to the bone just to support the satnav software.I cannot find anywhere on the Microsoft site a download for any web browser for WIndows CE .

After 48 hours of trying I,m stumped.Any pointer gratefully received
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 10:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

pocket IE 1.1 won't work! it has no ARM version lol (i guess your device has an ARM processor?)

you can try netfront 3.0 or 3.3 on my site, http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php let me know if it worked.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 10:08 AM
#
Thanks,I downloaded netfront(3.3) off your web site this morning.

It loaded up but I got a message saying that the trial had expired
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 10:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Guest - 2006-04-29 4:08 PM

Thanks,I downloaded netfront(3.3) off your web site this morning.

It loaded up but I got a message saying that the trial had expired

wow so it works? sorry for the problem, the copy on my site is indeed expired. i will upload a new one soon, until that can you set the clock back on your device to check if it indeed runs well or not. let me know!
 Top of the page
andy
andy Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 11:27 AM
#
Is there a particular date I should set to?
 Top of the page
andy
andy Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 12:29 PM
#
Please ignore my earlier post, setting the date to September 2005 does it.The browser loads my next challenge is to connect to the internet with a device with no modem or network card. The only obvious input point for data is via the activesync cable, but how get that to send data,Idon't know.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey nice pic is this running destinator?

i'll soon upload the working netfront, sorry for the delay until that you can play with the older version (3.0) (both are trials though... you can soon buy 3.3 i think..)

activesync should support internet passthrough if your device supports it too. if not, you can set up a proxy server on the PC to share the internet via the sync cable

or does the device have some sort of expansion slot? cf? sd? pcmcia? anything?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8