x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP720 and Windows Server 2003

Camaro
Camaro Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 2:15 AM
#
HI Guys, first off this is a great site, I have found more than anough information to satisify my needs but......

I am having a problem with seeing shares on a Windows server 2003 from my handheld. Every time I try and connect to a share on the server my Jornada 720 asks me for Login details. I enter my administrator login and password but it does not accept, it just brings back the login detials box for me to reenter them. I have tried different logins, included the dommain name etc but still no joy.

The wireless network works fine as I am able to use active sync to the server and also browse the internet.

I do not have this problem connecting to XP clients in my network as I can access shares from my HP720 to XP without any problems and would love to be able to see shares and access the printer on the Server.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Aaron
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 8:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I could have sworn I had written a guide to this.
*sigh*

Edit: I did write a guide to this *doh*, just seem to have neglected to publish it! *doh again*

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0010.asp

Remember here: You're creating a security hole, strong passwords are a must and don't connect the device to an admin level account.
 Top of the page
Camaro
Camaro Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 3:18 PM
#
Thank you very much for that, that makes sence now.

Thank you for your time
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 25