x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CF Card in Palm Sized PC

1 2
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-14 10:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Err card faulty? That card was about 50 USD .. No, I do not have ANY other CF cards or PCMCIA for that matter..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-14 10:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can get one cheaper at Fry's. I always make sure I have a spare or two. I might be worth it to test my hypothesis.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-14 10:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I did get it at Frys Electronics . It was around the 40-50 USD price range.. Also, do SD cards last longer than CF cards? Because I may get a CF to SD adapter and use SD cards, which my Pocket PC actually works with..
Thanks CE Geek,
Joseph
EDIT: 1600th Post

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-05-14 10:33 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 2:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been seeing 512 MB cards going for as little as $25 lately at Fry's. I don't know about relative lifespans of SD v CF cards, but it's worth a try. Just for kicks (and because MP3 play is easier in CE), I once pulled the Memory Stick out of my Sony Clie and put it in a 5-way PCMCIA adapter inserted in my MP790. Obviously, the 790 couldn't execute any Palm OS apps (except maybe some PDB files as documents), but it played the MP3 tracks from the MS without a hitch. It's been my experience, though, that there seems to be more limited compatibility of both CF and PCMCIA adapters in CE 2.xx.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 4:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-05-15 4:33 AM

Also, do SD cards last longer than CF cards?

no... quite the opposite IMO..
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.196 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8