x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS Intermec 6651 in Excellent Condition

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 2:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

- adding to matrixcore's collection of some of the coolest H/PCs.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 1:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The package arrived yesterday, i just pulled out of it and my very first though was " OMG it's gorgeous!!!". i didn't have enough time to play with it until today. and so far, i can tell this is one of my favourite hpcs, probably more than the j7xx series. The only thing that i disliked about it was the MIPS processor, which puts it behind the Sig3/j7xx in software compatibility, i think if it was not by that issue, it would become my main HPC. The screen is bright and crisp. the keyboard is nice, the full sized USB host is excellent, the expansion slots are fine too. the camera is certainly not the best, but it does its job pretty well. the only thing i miss (software wise) is a SIP for using the HPC in tablet mode. The battery duration is not awesome like a refurb'd jornada batt, but considering it's the original one and that it's not new, it lives up to the machine standards.

the thing that really blowed me is the design. i think it is on par or it even beats the Sig3 in my cuteness rating

Thanks a lot Maul, i did like the Intermec very much and it was a pleasure to deal with a honest and super fast shipping seller like you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool!
the battery if in good condition, should be as good as a standard jornada battery (same amount of wlan: 5 hours at 40% brightness)
so the only thing you mind is the MIPS? no problem with size? (just wondering because you always had jornadas and sigmarions before)

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-08 8:01 AM
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I think it doesn't lasts as much as a new battery, maybe i could get 6 hours of normal use and about 3 with wifi, but that's no problem. when i have time i'll rebuild it

Size doesn't matter that much, as it fits (albeit a little tight) in all my hpc carrying bags. besides, i love the tablet mode if only it had an on screen keyboard. (BTW do you know of one for MIPS??)

I've also found it's not as zippy as it appeared. folder refresh sometimes takes it's time, but i suppose that's for having a <150Mhz MIPS processor
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

of course there's a few mips onscreen keyboards, calligrapher has one maybe.
don't forget it has to drive a 800x480 screen it is speedy enough for that. of course not a J728 but not slow at all (for me)
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-08 8:06 PM

of course there's a few mips onscreen keyboards, calligrapher has one maybe.
don't forget it has to drive a 800x480 screen it is speedy enough for that. of course not a J728 but not slow at all (for me)

I've already though of calligrapher, but i've been trying to find another one (for a lower cost), because i don't plan to use all of the functions calligrapher has to offer.

About the speed, i never said it was slow, ( "not zippy" != "slow" ), i just said the explorer sometimes takes a little longer than the J728 / Sig3. Nevertheless, i think the 6651 may become my 2nd HPC (in order of preference), only second to the Sigmarion III, as i definitively love the big TFT screen.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-09 10:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

and the 728 only third?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-09 4:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Let's face it - that's a pretty elite list of H/PCs.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-09 9:39 AM

and the 728 only third?

i believe so. remember the intermec is really high on cuteness factor, whereas my j728 is badly battered and bruised (it wasn't me i swear, it was the original owner who did that to it Also, there's the DSTN vs TFT issue. i definitively am on TFT's side. When i rebuild the batt, it'll last as much as a j7xx batt and the built in cam is nice

CE Geek - 2006-06-09 3:11 PM

Let's face it - that's a pretty elite list of H/PCs.

Thanks, i've been wishing to have those three (Sig3, Intermec and j728) since i got my j680e almost 2 years ago. i think i'll get a few more units (MP790 & 900/900c) and i'll stop buying hpc (it's a joke, ya know )

Edited by matrixcore 2006-06-10 12:19 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

both 900 and 900c?
make sure you buy a perfectly working one.
ya, joke, sure, i thought many times that i stopped buying hpcs but nah..

i'm with tft only if the battery is powerful enough. all these tfts should have three cells at least but i like dstn, it isnt worse in sunlight on my 728 than on the sig3..

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-10 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.241 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 29