x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 900c questions

star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:05 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Need some help to find solutions for my NEC 900 (now a NEC 900c) just received yesterday.

The only thing I don't know is how to be able to perform these:

- see flash players animations on web sites
- stop the screen to turn off all the time (I have tried many settings, but the problem remains)...may be I installed something wrong or not compatible.

May I apply the registry solutions we use for Jornada 720?

Any idea about these...thanks

Denis from Canada
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

spouky - 2006-05-17 8:05 AM

- stop the screen to turn off all the time (I have tried many settings, but the problem remains)...may be I installed something wrong or not compatible.

Denis from Canada

Can you be more specific? How often does the screen turn off and how long does it stay on?
Does it turn off while you are using it or after a certain amount of time that the 900c is inactive (not being touched)?

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-05-17 8:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm, i've seen that bug on two 900c's. not on the others
the bug is: if you allow automatic backlight timeout in control panel / display / backlight (or where ? ) the machine will turn the backlight off sometimes randomly, because it somehow thinks the timeout happened (if you set it at 3 mins, then it thinks 3 mins elapsed ). solution is to disable it in control panel. there's a backlight timeout as well that only dims the screen (and then you get some dimming randomly), that can be disabled only in the registry by setting the relevant value to 0, i will check where it is.

flashplayer... the download is on my site, choose the flashplayer for cenet, not the one for hpc2000
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 4:25 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

THANKS A LOT CEMEX...

Flash web sites work great now

My screen problem was a software issue, after hard reset...problem solved

I have used the trick I used for Jornada 720 in registry to let the display always on, more practicle for DVD watching

Just want to let you know of a few issues to avoid you get crazy like me on some specific softwares issues:

I can now print on a HP Photosmart 2700 series wirelessly...WOW

For those concerned, a Roamabout Enterasys Wi-Fi 802.11b card will work on a NEC 900c if you use a driver from another brand (write me to d.doucet@globetrotter.net if needed)

1) CEHTTP (for web hosting on a Handheld)...WILL WORK ONLY after a hard reset and INSTALLED first before everything else (believe me, if not doing this a 'Failed' to listen to port will prevent it to work properly, even after soft reset)

2) Bolts and Nuts game will install but you need to put another aygshell.dll file in windows (if not, installation is ok but the menu bar gets lower side instead of upper side, playing becomes impossible)

HOPE this usefull

Denis from Canada
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 10:22 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

finally, no need of aygshell.dll file for Bollts and Nuts game...need rather to hide the lower taskbar to display properly....sorry
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 8:22 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Say I was wondering about the 900c - I notice that it has a DSTN screen. My only experience with DSTN is with the Pencentra 200.....and I am not a big fan of that one! The screen seems hard to view - reflections, poor contrast, etc.
My Simpad has a TFT screen, and the colors/contrast seem much better, even when the screen is dimmed.

How does the 900c DSTN screen look? Is it easily viewable under fluorescent lighting, etc?
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 8:29 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

NEC 900c screen is less performance than newer PDAs...it is a question of personnal taste....don't expect to have the same as TTf screen....but for me, since contrast and brightness controls are quite easy to set...it is quite acceptable...it does not dissappoint me...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 9:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

markg, i've had a simpad here recently (it wasn't mine though) and i have a 900c and a 900 too. as for contrast, the 900c is really very good. i didn't feel it to be worse than the simpad... when my 900c and the simpad both were at their lowest brightness setting, the 900c was much easier to read (for my eyes anyway). and you can adjust the contrast if you don't like it, there are like 30 different levels for it.
i can easily read my 900c's screen outside the house too, even on a sunny day in a vehicle or a similar situation. didn't try it directly under the sun, i'd rather find some shadow anyway... but i doubt it'd be worse than the simpad as the simpad doesn't have a transflective or whatever tft... (the version of tft that loves the sun)
but i have to admit i'm cheating a little my 900c has a much brighter screen than other 900/900c's (result of a repair)... but the other 900 i have (and seen, a couple of other 900's) isn't bad either. ok, it is quite dim at the lowest brightness, but no one forces you to use it at that brightness... it's worse outdoors sadly.

spouky, aren't you selling a 900c on ebay at the moment? or that isn't you, just a similar ebay name eh?
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 9:19 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

well, I'm selling one for a friend living in same province as me, I didn't even know he had one...he called me 2 days ago and during conversation, explained me he wanted a subnotebook instead...and, he doesn't know how to use Ebay and I have 99% positive feedback already so he asked me to do the trade for him...I think he wants to sell fast so he accepts best offers...

If I would have known before he had one, I would not have wait mine from USA for sure...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 9:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, it is fun when you meet a friend and it turns out he has the same hpc hehehe. too bad he wants to sell it i think that one is a nice price for it with those extras.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10