x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 620LX & Proxim ORiNOCO Silver IEEE/802.11b PC-Card

d.vel.oper
d.vel.oper Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 5:11 PM
#
So I've trolled these forums, and literally tried everything that has been suggested to get this kind of card working. I get as far as inputting the driver name, afterwards there is no confirmation screen or anything that I've seen other people get.

Driver names I've tried:
wvlan64.dll
WVLAN64.dll
WVLAN64
wvlan64

All to avail.

I've done the hard-reset, and reinstall the SP's deal, everything, yet I can't even get a simple power light on this card.

Anybody have any useful information, or maybe something I've overlooked?

Thanks,
d
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dunno, is there any pcmcia update for this hpc?

does it ask you at all whether you want to enable the pcmcia card on battery power?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only very specific models seem to want to work with CE2, I'm not in a position to state which, but please have a look at some of the existing Orinoco / CE2 threads in here and in the hardware forum, it should give you an idea of the steps you should take.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i just realized the user has a proxim orinoco... FORGET IT! get an original orinoco: lucent or agere. don't buy a proxim or avaya.
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 6:22 PM
#
Eeeer I use an avaya world card silver(wireless) and it works great my setup details are in this forum for refernce if you need them....

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
vintagehandhelds Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 6:33 PM
#
Avatar image of vintagehandhelds
H/PC Philosopher

I got the Proxim Orinocco Silver to work on mmy 680 but any drivers I tried hung up on installation on my Itronix T5200.
Both are H/PC pro machines. Maybe the MIPS in the 5200 has problems with the drivers.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 6:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Itronix falls into the "one size fits all" trap. It's often seen that because a PDA has a MIPS processor that all will be well with MIPS software. Alas, not all MIPS processors are created equal. Ideally there should be separate binaries for the three main cores - 3000, 4000 and 4100.

Your device uses the 3000, or a VR3912. Please ensure that you are installing a MIPS3000 drivers onto the device, that you have any and all updates - PCMCIA.dll specifically and you have SP1 installed.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what if the driver doesnt have versions, just a unibuild...

whats the intermec anyway? tx3922... but i used a mips4000 cab for the dlink wlan.. (or was it the senao..)

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-25 7:50 PM
 Top of the page
gere Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2006-05-25 6:58 PM

The Itronix falls into the "one size fits all" trap. It's often seen that because a PDA has a MIPS processor that all will be well with MIPS software. Alas, not all MIPS processors are created equal. Ideally there should be separate binaries for the three main cores - 3000, 4000 and 4100.

Your device uses the 3000, or a VR3912. Please ensure that you are installing a MIPS3000 drivers onto the device, that you have any and all updates - PCMCIA.dll specifically and you have SP1 installed.

Where may the PCMCIA.dll update be found?

gere
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 8:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not all devices have pcmcia.dll updates - it's a generic answer - you'll need to check with itronix, I can't check our archives for you currently.

Provided it's a true unibuild... sometimes I wonder.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28