x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SP1 or not SP1?

Dekka
Dekka Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 10:09 AM
#
Hello and thanks for a great resource site. It has proved invaluable to me the past week. I have a hp620lx that's been sitting around doing nothing for a while, bugging me as these things do, and I thought it was time to put it to some use. At the moment I am not sure if SP1 is installed or not. I have just reinstalled it but see no indication that any thing has changed. Specifically the system applet has two tabs (only) and reports "Version 2.1 (Build 7258-7260)". Can anyone tell me if this indicates SP1? I'm sure the files installed because the sp1readme.txt is there but there also is a systempatchmodule.exe, do I need to run this? I have already done a soft/hard reboot. Another query is I'm trying to discover how much of my compact flash mem is being used. On one of your support pages the system applet image shows more than two tabs and I thought the info may be on one of these. I still only have two tabs. Any/all help appreciated.

PS: I have previously used waba to use the 620 as a remote debugging tool and now I'm trying to turn it into a universal remote using SkyCommander and as a track/playlist controller for a mullti-cd player. If anyone is interested I'll post code/results up when I make any progress.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 10:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I take it you meant Version 2.0 (Build 7258-7260) rather than 2.1. That's a CE2.00 build number.

You don't have SP1 and you don't have the NSP. Unlike a SP on the desktop side of affairs, the system notification doesn't change with this level of CE.

The multi-tab version is a different CE version. Google for SpaceLeft, that is one such application that can tell you your storage details. TotalCommander would be another, but is broader in scope as a Windows Explorer replacement.

If you are developing, please considerposting details in the Developers forum.
 Top of the page
Dekka
Dekka Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 10:34 AM
#
Yes, thank you, I did mean 2.0 (must have been wishful thinking ).

You don't have SP1 and you don't have the NSP. Unlike a SP on the desktop side of affairs, the system notification doesn't change with this level of CE.

Do you mean the build number indicates no SP1? Confused I have also recently installed the NSP because I assumed I already had installed SP1 but now I'm not sure. What about that file 2systempatchmodule.exe"?

Re card mem: Total Commander give me the info, thanks for the pointer. I need not of worried, 61.4M free out of 62.2M

Re dev: sure, will do.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 10:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

7258-7260 is the RTM build of Windows CE 2.0, you need the SP1 and NSP.
SysPatch was executed by the SP installer.
 Top of the page
Dekka
Dekka Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 11:43 AM
#
Sorry about the confusion but your answer suggests that installing SP1 has failed. Why would that be?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 11:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

syspatch is part if sp1, it is run on install and dumped in the windows folder. It's presence indicates SP1 is installed.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dekka, i think C:Amie means you have to install SP1 and NSP after a hard reset. if you installed them then they are installed of course go to remove programs applet and you should see the SP1 stuff there.
 Top of the page
Dekka
Dekka Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 11:54 AM
#
OK. I have re-installed SP1 to be sure. Can I delete the syspatch file now? Do I need to also re-install the NSP? Thanks again for your help.
 Top of the page
Dekka
Dekka Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 11:56 AM
#
cmonex, thanks, everything looks ok and comms with xp box also ok, as is browsing (via xp ICS).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 12:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just leave the syspatch file, it's part of the SP and is all of 6KB.

If you have already installed it, you don't need to reinstall it.

I say again; Nothing will change in the system applet indicating the SP's presence.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 25