x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: Info Sig III on Amazon.co.jp

nevermnd Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 3:29 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've seen conics.net mentioned alot in the forums as a source for the Sig III; I was doing a little searching tonight though and I noticed it's also listed on Amazon.com Japan-- which is for a new model vs. conics's used. It's also 10% off right now, apparently, which would put it at about $499 USD. Though I also have never ordered from their before, so I don't know what other taxes etc might be involved (aside from the fact that the site is in Japanese... though so won't your new Sig III ! better get studying !). Just thought I'd mention...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/electronics/B00009W1AP/249-7374634-3902719
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 9:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for mentioning the resource. Little high compared to the eBay value, but for a presumably new unit.

I make it about £275 - £280, a good price if it is new with all the bells, whistles and a 12-months warranty.

You're slightly off on the rules for the header, for future reference see the Deal Alerts section:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5&posts=1&start=1

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 11:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

babelfish says: "Restriction of overseas delivery: We cannot deliver this commodity to overseas Japan."

lol well i already have two anyway
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 11:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Why don't we invent a new acronym for Deal Alert? Hmmm, let me think, that's a hard one... how about DA? or "DEAL"? I just think "FS Resource" is a bit too wordy.
(sorry for being slightly OT...)
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2006-05-27 11:32 PM
#
If it was a new unit you could probably get it sent overseas but used items from Amazon Japan, no matter what category books, cds, etc., can't be shipped which is really unfortunate.
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 1:53 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

BlueZed - 2006-05-27 11:32 PM

If it was a new unit you could probably get it sent overseas but used items from Amazon Japan, no matter what category books, cds, etc., can't be shipped which is really unfortunate.

Actually, for used merchandise, it's up to the seller. Amazon doesn't actually sell used merchandise; they allow third parties to list items that show up when you search Amazon for new items. It's called Amazon Marketplace. (I work in a used bookstore, and we list some of our items through Amazon Marketplace.)

Anyway, individual sellers can choose to offer overseas shipping or not, on a per item basis. But, frankly, Amazon's shipping reimbursement is so pathetically low that most sellers won't bother with overseas shipping on anything over a pound or so.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what's this shipping reimbursement?
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-05-28 5:41 PM

what's this shipping reimbursement?

When you sell merchandise through Amazon Marketplace, you (the seller) have to pay to ship the item to the buyer. Amazon then pays you the price you set for the item, less their comission and fees, and a shipping reimbursement. The exact reimbursement depends on the kind of item and the type of shipping (standard, expidited, or international); for books it's $9.79 per order for International shipping.

This reimbursement barely covers the postage to mail one hardcover book from the US (via Global Priority flat rate mailer, which cost $9.50 and the mailer can hold only one 6"x9" book of moderate thickness), and is less than the postage needed to send larger items or sets of books by the cheapest, slowest method possible (which for books is M-bag, which is $0.99/lb to Europe and $1.09/lb to Asia/Pacific, with an 11lb minimum charge). This doesn't even include the cost of packing materials or the labor to lug the thing to the post office and mail it.

Of course, as part of the Marketplace Terms of Service, you are required to pay whatever it cost to send the merchandise to the buyer by the requested shipping method, even if the reimbursement from Amazon isn't sufficient to cover your costs. So, to avoid losing lots of money, you simply don't offer International shipping on your items. Amazon only requires merchants to provide domestic standard shipping. The merchant can decide whether to offer Expidited or International shipping. You lose money on this, too, but not as much as with International or Expidited shipping.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 8:09 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Okay, if I say I can sell Sigmarion III for $400 including shipping, will some people consider buying it?

I live in Japan, and have experience in sending goods overseas...

TsubasaK.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i can confirm stingraze is very good at shipping stuff overseas i mean you can trust him!

oh and if you see a sigmarion extended battery i'd be interested

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-16 8:19 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 29