x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Devloping a skinning application

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chazco - 2006-05-21 7:01 PM

I had a look at his source, but like i said i cant find anyway to apply it to all Windows that start up. The PB method was replacing the shell, so this probably needs to be done.

ok, will ask someone else who may have an idea about this. until that you may send some email to the guy i showed you
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 1:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All skins are bitmaps, you don't use compression formats. The images are rendered when requested to be overlaid onto the standard shell through GWES interceptions and/or settings changes and/or window over-lay's.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 1:05 PM
#
the standard shell through GWES interceptions and/or settings changes and/or window over-lay's

That might be how PB works then. It loads itself directly after GWES.EXE does.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 1:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Without GWES, Windows wouldn't be 'Windows'... probably calling it 'Wall' would be more approriate, lol

GWES is the Window and event manager. PB probably intercepts some of the events from GWES to alter the UI. Under CE4 and higher the GWES has its own capability to theme - assuming the modules are there.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.25 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8