x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Differences between Ce.net 4.0 and 4.1

iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 12:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The differences between ce.net 4.1 and 4.2 is probably better understood among HPC users. IE 5.5 vs IE6, WMP 8 VS WMP9, etc.

How about the differences between 4.0 and 4.1? No major differences? On usb host support, any difference?

I may buy a ce.net pda. There are two models: one with ce.net 4.0 while the other with 4.1

I have already checked with cewindows.net and the ce history article here. still no luck.

Pls advise

Edited by iamjoe 2006-05-22 12:39 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

4.1 is of course better no idea other than that... but i'd buy the 4.1 model

what pda is this?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 1:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

4.0 isn't actually a .net programming environment, it's not desgined for the .net Framework in mind, the SDK's don't slide into the latest visual studio and so on. I'm not saying it wont run, I'm saying it's not designed for it.

The file viewers were added in 4.1 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat & Photo's) and the Kernel is much more optimises, along with the driver layer i.e. it's faster.

Other than that... not a lot. The significant stuff came in the Kernel Changes between 4.1 and 4.2 - and more importantly between 5.0 and 6.0... but that isn't on the table.

Edit: I feel I need to point out that because these are the difference I can think of, doesn't mean that any of them will apply to your device, as Windows CE is a modular OS, your OEM needn't have installed them and could easily have wrecked the kernel optimisation.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 1:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow thanks for the info
(the file viewers can be downloaded from my site. all the five. even for MIPS too!)

and yep i can tell you there's a LOT of diff between 4.1 and 4.2........ regarding certain ppc apps..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26