x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Full Screen App?

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 4:39 AM
#
Is it possible, in EVC, to create an application that covers the entire screen - including the start menu, with no title bars? It doesnt need to do anything except sit there.

(Background info: Linux is loaded by shlo.exe. Shlo.exe takes at least 20 seconds before anything happens (the Jornada appears to freeze, but it hasnt). Whatever was on the screen when shlo started stays there until Linux kicks in. A nice "Loading Linux..." message would make this much more user friendly)
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 4:44 PM
#
Anyone? Something simple, like displaying a bitmap with no window borders (to look like the one Windows XP gives you when you change the skin).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes of course you can, just look at the likes of screen snap. You just have to get your window to prioritise over the rest of the shell. Why not just put a box in the middle of the screen with the message, spin the egg timer around a little. It's just as user friendly and doesn't require a huge great big bitmap splash screen?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes, it's trivial. Open a window fullscreen without decoration, and write text to the DC. It would be easy to modify the app I wrote to do this whilst invoking the exe - if you want me to, I'll add the code.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 10:36 AM
#
That'd be excellent, thanks.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

So... When the user clicks the "Yes" button, execute shlo and open a new window fullsize to cover the screen, displaying "loading Linux, please wait" or something like that?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey if this is the last obstacle to releasing the newbie friendly linux installer for the j680... i wouldn't wait any more, please release it for me
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 3:11 AM
#
Its not quite the last obstickle, but we're very close. We have: automatic installation (bug-testing at the moment) which can run from Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and even from Windows CE (ok, its a cabfile, but it does work)! Then we have full hardware support (bug-testing, some wifi issues are being fixed before release) including suspend almost as good as CE's. Then, after install, Linux automatically starts the Opie GUI, which has a setup wizard, and thats basically it. The GUI is fast (at least for me, it seems to be a matter of opinion), and you can run Konqueor (and log into HPCfactor, on a J680!).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.390 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9