x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Counting Contacts in "Categories"

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-01-20 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, All,

Occasionally, when synching with Outlook 2000, I find that a contact placed, for example, in Business doesn't get put into the Business category in my Jornada 720. It's in the J, just not in the category, so I can't see it unless I look at "All Items."

It's easy enough to fix, as long as you know what contact didn't make it, and then you simply tag it in the J with its proper category. But I can't find a way to double-check myself. Outlook 2000 will give the exact number of contacts in categories Business, Personal, etc., but I can't find a way to count the same in HPC 2000.

Can you count the number of contacts in a category in Pocket Outlook? Or is there an even better way for cross-referencing?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Jake
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-01-20 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jake

Here is what I would do

1. Select Tools/Customize Columns from the Pull Down Menus
2. Move/add Categories to the "Show These Fields" list (right side of screen)
3. Sort your Contacts by the newly added Categories Column
4. Now Contacts with blank Categories will be either at the top or bottom of your sorted list, depending on whether you are sorting Ascending or Descending.

It not the ideal solution, but it sure works.

Regards

John
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-01-20 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
John:

Thanks, it worked. Even found a tech support contact that had been floating around tagless ( I could've used that number a couple of months ago).

I guess there's no way to find the exact number of contacts in each category. If there was, a user could always check that the total number had synched properly.

But thanks for a good solution,
Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.138 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8