x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem Browsing Wireless on Mobilepro 770

1 2 3 4
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 9:56 AM
#
Good Idea C:Amie, this is an IP Address, if the problem was in DNS, will open HPC Factor Website
If the problem was with Network, error too
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks, Aimee.

I could not go to the site you suggested.

I brought the 770 to work where we have an open network, and where I have no problem connecting with my Palm using DHCP and the same Socket CF card.

I set the config to DHCP on the 770, took out the card, did a soft reset, reinserted the card. It could not retrieve DHCP addresses.

Last night, I did the same thing at home, and it WAS able to retrieve the addresses, but still could not load any webpages.

Maybe the 770 simply does not play nicely with this card?

At home, the pinging tests seemed strange. First couple of test would show "Host not found", then I would get a decent test, then some bad ones, and then again "Host not found", and it would stay that way.

Is there an alternative driver to try with the Socket card? I'm using the driver from the HPC factor compatibility list.

Jodi
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 1:09 PM
#
Look at your CF Slot pins.

I had a problem with my CF Slot because it doesn't have the pin 24....

Give a Look!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Okay, I looked at http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/peripherals/cfwirelesslan.htm

and in Socket, Chris H. lists CE 2.11 and above for working OS's, so "it should work," as they say.

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Desertway - 2006-05-26 5:31 AM

Jake,

The numbers I was using were as follows:

Static IP: 192.168.***
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS: 4.2.2.2

what are the numbers instead of the asterisks (***)?
can you try entering a second dns which would be the gateway itself: 192.168.0.1.

if you enable DHCP, what IP do you get?

oh and it is not "Aimee", it is "C:Amie"

Jake - 2006-05-26 5:47 AM

Hi, Jodi,

I'm running out of ideas, if only because I don't have any of your hardware and can't experiment. Your router uses an address I'm unfamiliar with (192.168.0.1) but if that's what the manual says...

the router can use (almost) any address it wants to. mine is on 192.168.1.254 by default

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-26 4:24 PM
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

what are the numbers instead of the asterisks (***)?

if you enable DHCP, what IP do you get?

Also, with DHCP, the Gateway and DNS were the same.

can you try entering a second dns which would be the gateway itself: 192.168.0.1.

Do you mean that I should try the gateway, primary and secondary DNS numbers all the same? I think I did, but I'll try again.

oh and it is not "Aimee", it is "C:Amie"

Strike 2!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
It occurs to me that your static IP should have four slots of numbers (eg: 192.168.1.020). Yours only lists three (192.168.050). Is that a typo?

Jake
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes, it's a typo:

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 6:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I wasn't going to say anything about getting me name wrong... for some reason so many people do...

Don't set your router to the secondary IP, put your ISP's Primary DNS in as your LANs secondary... however, if the HPC:Factor IP address didn't work, none of this will do you any good what so ever.

Assuming your device isn't sourcing a proxy server, then chances are you've hit a rather common 2.11 problem. Try removing the PCMCIA.dll. If necesary for testing, ActiveSync backup your H/PC, then hard reset it, drop the device drivers onto it on their own and give it another try.

If you get no-where, just restore the backup file. Otherwise, rebuild the device.

Info on what hard resetting does if you are unsure can be found in the support section.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well, I did a hard reset, installed only the Socket CF driver, managed to surf to one webpage, and that was it. No more pages would load.

I went ahead and reinstalled all my updates and patches, couldn't surf.

This morning, without making any changes, I once again got to one website, and that was it.

I may decide to invest in a Orinoco Gold PC card, and see if that is any better.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is a fantastic site.

Jodi
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hum.. I wonder.

Remove the Card. Turn the device on. Bring up PIE and drop a URL into the address bar and get ready to hit Enter on it. Put the NIC in, agree to power it up, count to 5 and hit enter on the address bar. Did the page load?
If it stops, eject the card, put it back in and repeat. Does it work?
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey! The first time it didn't work. The second time it did, though it took at least 2 minutes, maybe 3. What does this mean to you?

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 6:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have a Socket LPE, and it will work in short bouts for a couple of minutes after insertion then die completely until it's put back into the system and taken a random amount of time to reinitialise.

I've never got to the bottom of it. Socket told me to RMA it, but I never did because it was already outside of the warranty period. Can you reproduce a similar sort of pattern to mine?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ohhh... i should test mine... i didnt try it for too long just tested if it worked...
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It does seem sort of similar. If I leave it in, it won't work twice. If I take it out and reinsert in MIGHT work once.

The thing is it works great in my little Palm, but those drivers were developed by the makers of the PDA specfically for that card.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11