x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem Browsing Wireless on Mobilepro 770

1 2 3 4
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 11:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I believe it's a standard booster antenna connection; it's just that I haven't seen many booster antennae on eBay. (I managed to snag one last year.)
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 11:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Agere Gold, and the Agere Silver? Are they equally reliable?

Thanks again.

Jodi
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 11:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

difference is the level of encryption. gold: 128 bit, silver: 64 (firmware may be upgradeable)
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 12:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So, if I'm not concerned about security, then either should be ok? Performance is not effected?
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 2:41 PM
#
cmonex rules this topic. Thanks for all the information.
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 11:43 PM
#
Most of the info I've found online about firmware swapping has been about Lucent or Proxim and I'm hoping that the method works with the Agere model too. The alchemy program looks like it will do the trick for the Agere version but because I don't have one on hand to try out I can't say for certain. I want it to work because going and hex editing the pda file from the card isn't something I think I can do.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 1:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Agere and Lucent ORiNOCO cards are, hardware-wise, virtually identical. Lucent's WaveLAN driver will work with both, as will the Agere driver.
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 9:47 PM
#
That's good news. I'll definetly try it out once my card gets here.
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 9:19 PM
#
Hooray?
I got my silver card today, fooled around with the firmware and apparently have it working as a gold! I'm using it now on my laptop to test the connection and it works on many sites but not all of them and that's got me confused a bit. I can surf to most sites (my Japanese blog, a few message boards I use, HPCFactor, Google) but not some other ones, Microsoft sites most noticeably. I haven't tried it on an hpc yet (because of slow ebay shippers, bleh) but I will soon.
 Top of the page
Tammy
Tammy Page Icon Posted 2006-07-14 9:37 AM
#
I have a 780 Mobilepro and am having some similar issues - I followed your thread and trired the suggestions that applied. I'm hoping you will have a suggestion. Here is my story. I am trying to use a dial-up - it dials, and authenticates and shows connected. However, I cannot surf the web or check emails. But I can go to the IP you suggested the 205.245.49.105, but can't get anywhere else. I do not have a proxy checked, I have reset, upgraded, etc. etc. Any suggestions.

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-14 10:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

DNS is the problem, does your ISP require a certain dns server?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11