x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Another CE-compatible floppy drive . . .

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 5:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

. . . for anyone who cares:

http://www.yedata.com/products/index.shtml

According to the site, the USB floppy drives are compatible with CE 2.11 and CE 3.0, and driver downloads are available on the site for MIPS (eg, NEC MP800), ARM (eg, HP Jornada 820), and SH4 (eg, Hitachi E-Plate) under "Support."

Didn't see these in the HCL. But I also don't see them at the retailers that I checked out under "Where to Buy," nor on eBay. But I did find one here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001CFSYK/sr=1-5/qid=1148809318/ref=sr_1_5/102-2343971-7301736?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3LJ5WMKNRFKQS&s=pc

Maybe a tad pricey at $40, even though it's 4x speed. I'm considering getting one nonetheless. Am I foolish?

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-28 5:42 AM
 Top of the page
hpcsrus Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 8:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

According to the manual it can be connected to the USB host only. Therefore it might not work for everyone. J720 does not have any .
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 9:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek, nice find.
If you are thinking of getting one (?) I'll hold off putting it into the HCL immediately. If you get it, please drop it into the HCL submit form and I'll get it added up
I can add USB devices under 3.2... but you're not sounding entirely convinced here.

Nice find
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 1:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

hpcsrus - 2006-05-28 5:09 AM

According to the manual it can be connected to the USB host only. Therefore it might not work for everyone. J720 does not have any .

Right. That's why I specified the examples - those are devices that have USB ports. (Note that there are no SH3 devices with USB ports.) I'm having a harder time finding CE-compatible PCMCIA floppy drives. (I'm looking at the Accurite SuperDisk drive, but there don't seem to be any out there.)

C:Amie: I thought maybe the price is a bit high, but want one anyway. Now you've definitely made it worth it, since I'll be investing in testing a product for the benefit of others on this site. I'm ordering it right now. Should be here in about a week.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-28 2:01 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Compared to the PC Card ones in the HCL, $40 is peanuts.

I have a PCMCIA floppy drive from a laptop, but can't make it work a la CE.

Anything that is HCL worthy - we are interested in
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-05-28 11:02 AM

Compared to the PC Card ones in the HCL, $40 is peanuts.

I admit it, we're spoiled here in the States.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 5:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Got the floppy drive today. Nice! Works very well (and very fast) in both my MP800 and my 6651. Glad I got it. I highly recommend it for anyone else who wants quick file exchange between desktop and USB-enabled H/PC.

(EDIT: submitted for the HCL)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-04 5:57 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 7:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Terrific. I haved added your submit and their entire drive range to the HCL.

Great find sir!
 Top of the page
BANE not logged in
BANE not logged in Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 3:33 PM
#
Yes, I have an Accurite Travel 120, and it works fantastically. Good luck finding one though, I remember looking for mine, I couldn't find ANY on ebay.co.uk, or even ebay.com! they were really expensive from the company :S I actually had tracked down a page which was a hpc user reviewing the drive, and I contacte dhim to see if he knew where I could get one, it just so happened that he was selling his I was really happy.
It meant I could type my university essays and even my dissertation on my HPC and just save to floppy after to print in uni

......IB a n e
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 18