x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 compatibility with Orinoco Classic Gold card

jclawton Page Icon Posted 2005-01-21 3:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does anyone have experience using the Orinoco 8410-WD Classic Gold PCMCIA card with the Jornada 720? Unfortunately, I had purchased (on HP's recommendation) a Linksys CF card that couldn't be used because it extended outside the CF slot door (located on the bottom of the 720), essentially making the HPC unusuable while the card was inserted.

THANKS.

jclawton
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-21 4:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can get a very inexpensive CF to PCMCIA converter card - if having it in the PC Card slot is an option.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-01-22 1:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

For example, I'm using this adapter:
http://www.sandisk.com/retail/pca.asp
to use a Linksys CF WiFi card in my Jornada 728's PC Card slot. I am typing this on the coffee table
 Top of the page
jclawton Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 1:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

THANK YOU for your reply. Unfortunately, I had already returned the CF card before posting. But yesterday, I was successful in using the ORiNOCO card that I had purchased - but successful only in accessing the internet. Unfortunately, I wasn unable to read email - either in Yahoo, AOL, or my office network. Today, I just posted a request for assistance/advice on this problem. Yahoo says that I need to upgrade IE to 6.0 (I'm using 4.0.1 on the Jornada with Windows CE 3.0), I logged on to AOL but got nothing but a blank screen, and the Jornada froze when I logged on to the office network - and I had to use the restart button.

One step forward, two steps back . . . . Do you know if upgrading IE will solve this problem? I've been unable to determine whether or not there is a newer version of IE for handhelds that will work with CE 3.0 . . . .

THANKS AGAIN.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 1:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Welcome to the world of HPC...
But as much as we love it, it is an abandoned platform There is no IE upgrade short of a complete OS upgrade, as is the case with all CE devices. And there's no OS upgrade for Jornada's.

There are alternate browsers, such as NetFront, written for PocketPC. But in order to get it work on an HPC, you need some controversial "hecking". If interested, I'm sure there are a couple of threads about it.

As for specific webmail sites on IE4... they all depend. I recommend starting another thread to ask for help on that.

If your company has POP3 mail, use Inbox, as it works for most servers. It even accepts attachments
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9