x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PocketTravel for PPC :( wish it was for HPC

suemckoy Page Icon Posted 2005-01-22 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Found this wonderful program for PPC, tried to see if it would work on my HPC. Sadly it won't. I emailed the support to see if they were going to bring out a version for HPC but they are not.

Does anyone know of a travel program for HPC that is similar? I've had a look at Sparebrains program but it doesn't appear to be able to print it out as a printed itinerary. PocketTravel is exactly what I want for my trip to Italy

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
Cheers,
Sue
P.S. Thanks so much for creating these forums.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-23 8:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Some of the folks have tried successfully *hacking* ppc apps for hpc. It involves modifying the references to the ppc dlls so that they point to a "renamed" version of them. That way, the ppc dlls can sit side-by-side with the hpc dlls. (hey, isn't that what .NET does?? hehehe)

But as many commented, you still need to get the ppc app itself, and very possibly violate the license agreement as most EULA forbids reverse engineering or modifying the binary (or source) by licensee (users).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-23 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

suemckoy,

I'm glad you like the site / boards. I hope you'll stick around.

Wow that is one over-priced application (IMO), but I can see the appeal.
For the curious:
http://www.synctel.com/Products/PocketPC/PocketTravel/

In the mean time though your best bet is to consult the Oracle of H/PC software; Henri on this matter.

Have a look at:
http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/
Head for software > leisure > travel

There are a list of apps there. Henri also frequents these foums, so you could drop him a PM.
 Top of the page
suemckoy Page Icon Posted 2005-01-23 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for your assistance. I had a long look at henri's website and downloaded some wonderful things , I now have maps of Florence, Rome and Italy, and the rail travel time tables for my journies in both UK and Italy. I had a lot of fun looking around. Henri's website is amazing, thank you Henri.
Cheers,
Sue.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-01-24 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sue

You might want to have a look at City Time by Code City....they have an HPC 2000 version that you might find useful.

http://www.codecity.net/prodcthpc.htm
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-24 8:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have it on good authority from Management that there just so happens to be a review of City Time coming very soon
 Top of the page
suemckoy Page Icon Posted 2005-01-26 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've just dowloaded Time City and will kep in my travel details to see how it works - it looks good so far
Sue
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9