x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3 running on hpc pro!!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah as above!!!

most of the functionality is there, and it isn't slow on a 131 mhz nec 770.
the browser setting part doesn't launch but you can access those settings in the registry.. about everything else seems to work: context menu with tap and hold, open in new window etc, text size setting, panning, bookmarks, tabs for browsing. i guess SSL will work too
google.co.hu didn't load but every other page i tried loaded very well. hpcfactor too

the trick... finding the right dlls.. i did stumble upon the right aygshell right away but then i tried the others out of curiosity and none worked. only FK's newest (february 2006) aygshell.. kudos to him. and of course to TFGBD

now screenshots

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-04 2:23 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:22 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Great job, cmonex and everyone ... HPC Pro is getting much more usefull now (MIPS anyway )..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well.. i have the SH3 netfront too... i have the MFC too... but as we need a fairly advanced aygshell... i don't think the old crap available for SH3 will do i will check though.. why not.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You and TFGBD are doing incredible things with H/PC Pro - and I can't wait to try them out. Thanx for all your work. (BTW, can you log onto HPC:Factor in Netfront in H/PC Pro?)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

another thing. the illegal operations i got before, were due to aygshell and not MFC hpc pro is really really picky about the aygshells and it is heavily program dependent which one will work.
sadly acrobat reader still doesn't work, with none of the aygshells i tried. i get to the intro screen, and that's about it.
but netfront opens new possibilities

edit: CE Geek, dunno, i'll try logging in now

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-04 2:29 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok this is posted from nf3 on my nec 770...
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:58 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

this looks great! I can't wait to try it out on my z50.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 11:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yap. in the past, i firmly believed hpc 2k supports most (if not all) hpc pro proggies, but not the other way round. I think none ce3 proggies can run on hpc pro machines, even u hacked to the Max.

But the other day, a programmer managed to crack a hpc2k ftxbrowser and run the hacked version on a ce 2.12 machine.

Ftxbrowser did run, but w/ somer error message. I did not look further into it as i thought it may not be a practical project.
Nonetheless, this seemed extremely intersting to me.

before I come across this post, I think hacking in this direction may not prove much useful and u could not get practicial results. But it at least shows some technical possibilites. but hacking a good browser for ce 2.1x is worth trying.

comonex, good job. btw, what is the last version of Netfront supporting MIPS?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

For German speaking people, I already reported that it was possible to run Netfront 3 on MIPS devices with WinCE 2.11 in february 2005:
http://www.rothberger.net/forum/showthread.php?s=fe039a82738874664ecdd15288ff816a&threadid=735

I used a very basic dummy aygshell.dll then, so the results were not very good ( I also tried Dic's Aygshell, but it didn't work): I had no menus (all commands had to be done through keyboard shortcuts), and there were many problems: single taps did not work for hyperlinks -only double taps- and Netfront was quite slow on my Clio 1050. I also had some trouble with file caching (no automatic refresh). When I discovered Worldtalk (thanks to Cmonex), I decided to uninstall Netfront.

Apparently, you have achieved much better results with a newer Aygshellid you only hexedit the OS version number ? How is the speed compared to Worldtalk ? So if it is really worth it, I might try Netfront again .

Edited by Geared2003 2006-06-04 12:48 PM
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 1:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

btw, cmonex, I believe FK is the Japanese programmer developing a few dummy dlls. But his personal homepage has long ago dissapeared. U got the addresss of his new one or do u contact him by email?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 1:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Concerning the new Aygshell.dll, it has been coded by Hou Ming, not FK (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/).

BTW, I did try Netfront 3.0 with the new Aygshell.dll: well, it does work, but it is still very buggy. As Cmonex said, Google does not load: even worse, if you try to load Google (or Alltheweb.com), the browser freezes, and has to be closed. So I am afraid Netfront is not a serious option as a standard browser on HPC Pro devices... The best choice is still Wordltalk, which is also much faster. Maybe Netfront can be useful for some secure websites...

Edited by Geared2003 2006-06-04 1:57 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003: i don't know what hpc you have. every page i tried worked fine on netfront on my 770 except google.co.hu
google doesn't freeze netfront for me. it just doesn't get loaded. so i think you used another set of dlls. can you please list what dlls you used?

speed is not worse than worldtalk on the pages i tested. except of course google

oh and yes this was just an os hexedit job.

anyway, it is a shame you did not post on hpcfactor in 2005 about this you really should've done so... i wonder what other cool hacks you have that you never reported here do you have any?

iamjoe: i don't know who FK is, i just say what TFGBD told me the dll is from hou ming but i understood he was the same person as FK. sorry if i didn't know correctly.
i believe the latest mips version of nf is 3.0.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Geared2003 - 2006-06-05 1:56 AM

Concerning the new Aygshell.dll, it has been coded by Hou Ming, not FK (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/).

BTW, I did try Netfront 3.0 with the new Aygshell.dll: well, it does work, but it is still very buggy. As Cmonex said, Google does not load: even worse, if you try to load Google (or Alltheweb.com), the browser freezes, and has to be closed. So I am afraid Netfront is not a serious option as a standard browser on HPC Pro devices... The best choice is still Wordltalk, which is also much faster. Maybe Netfront can be useful for some secure websites... :unsure:

Due to my location and Language, I began to dig up for dummy dlls for a casio customed ce2.12 gadget in 2001 or 2002. Then I dled FK and H M's dummy dlls. They and their dlls are different.

FK is probably a Japanese programmer and Hou Ming is the Mad Programmer, accoring to to H M's website. Hou Ming probably is a Chinese living in JP.

Really? coz i know of hou ming's website. I have dled almost every version of H M's dummy dlls over the past few years. tons of hacks and cool tips there.

FK is also very famous for some dummy dlls, seemingly before Hou Ming's work. but FK's site had gone for good in about 2002 or 2003. H M successfully maintained his site on a Japanese free host over the past few years.

I think cmonex may not mistaken Hou Ming's work for FK's. Who knows. btw, the latest version is March 2006.

Edited by iamjoe 2006-06-04 2:46 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"Das Ding läuft auf dem Clio superschnell und kann auf fast alle SHTML-Seiten zugreifen (was PocketIE 3 nicht kann). Die benutzte Dummy-Aygshell ist etwas funktionslimitiert, aber man kann diese Limitierungen mit einigen Tricks umgehen."

this is a quote from you. so your opinion changed since then?
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

just googled up my hdd. found the source code and a complied version of FK's aygshell.dll
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13