x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3 running on hpc pro!!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yep i have the same source code. TFGBD sent it to me and told me it was a quite crappy aygshell. i started a request in the developer section a long time ago about recompiling / improving it... i sent it to a programmer friend of mine and he guessed it's already compiled for SH3 i didn't try it yet though.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh and i checked hou ming's site. the newest aygshells are still from february not march
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry iamjoe, I think that is my fault. For some reason or another I must have thought that FK and Hou Ming were the same person and spread incorrect information. In the back of my mind I knew they were not, but I still assumed they were anyway.

I did not realize the aygshell source code I had was in fact to a version of FK's. I found it on a BE-500 site in a package along with source for a dummy ceshell and a few helper apps and I assumed it was written by someone else.

Do you have source code to any of FK's other software such as his GAPI or a newer version of the aygshell. If not, can you at least share the compiled versions of FK's aygshell and gapi you have? It would be nice to archive them somewhere with proper identification to avoid the confusion. Thanks and happy hacking.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-06-04 4:40 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK. correction, my friend was wrong, it is not SH3 that aygshell... it's MIPS4000. i dunno why i didn't check it for myself. so my request for an SH3 aygshell is still alive/valid
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 2:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Update: Mscdex built the aygshell for SH3 but, as was mentioned earlier, its not very good.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-06-05 2:42 AM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 3:22 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

TFGBD - 2006-06-05 2:40 AM

Update: Mscdex built the aygshell for SH3 but, as was mentioned earlier, its not very good.

Yeah, there wasn't a whole lot to that aygshell code-wise
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 4:17 AM
#
H/PC Elite

To CMONEX. You asked many questions in your previous posts, so these are my answers:

-1) my HPC Pro is a VADEM Clio 1050 (very nice HPC btw),
-2) I used the latest Dummy Dlls made by Hou Ming and the regular PPC MFCCE dlls ( OS-Hexedit). In order to make a comparison with your installation, could you post your own modified dlls ? Did you also modify Netfront or leave it "as is" ?
I did make a few hacks (resource modifications, like adding some keyboard shortcuts)
-3) the speed is OK, but I do find Worldtalk much speedier for most sites
-4) Google.com (and also Alltheweb.com) do "freeze" Netfront with my installation: the small globe icon keeps rotating, and I can't stop the browser from trying to load the page: in that case, Netfront must be stopped and restarted.
-5) I started with Windows CE back in 2000: I have had many Windows CE devices since then, and I do have some tricks and undisclosed hacks. Some examples:
- Full screen standalone Flash Player for HPC2000, based on a smartphone hack ( see Modaco forums). This is not a plugin, but a player for offline SWF-files,
- Jornada 7xx shell modification, in order to make HPC2000 look like CE.net ( based on modified system files),
-Pocket-PC shell modification to make PPCs look and act like HPCs, with a real desktop: this is one of my favorites, because PPCs are sometimes useful , but I hate the crappyPocketPC UI ( the WM2005 shell is awful...). Most of the work of this fake HPC shell has been made by Mitsuru Toda, the developper of GSFinder+, and should have been released as a GPL application: unfortunately, M. Toda seems to have disappeared from earth 3 or 4 months ago... If I don't get any news from him in a few weeks, I might post the last beta version if anyone is interested ( i can post some screenshots).
If there is any interest, I can start new threads about these different topics.

Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 5:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Heh. Isn't that a coincidence. I also use that same Flash Player 6 hack myself. Though, I used the projector from the windowsmobile.fallon.com site. (I liked the icon better. )

I posted about it on the redneo Neonode N1 forums, but it sadly does not work on their CE 5.0 based device. Perhaps I should have mentioned it here too. I did on IRC, but I don't really use the forums too much.

Anyway, here is the standalone Flash 6 Player available for download along with a short readme containing instructions. I'll make a more detailed post about it in the future when I have more time.

http://cosmopod.com/mysite/tfgbd/Macromedia%20Flash%20Player.zip

That GSPlayer as a shell project sounds quite interesting. Do you have any further information about it or binaries? If so, please share. Though, I'm suprised they did not try to get the actual H/PC shell from CE 4.2 running.

Is your Jornada 7xx shell modification based on an Explorer.exe/ceshell.dll you dumped from ROM(or obtained in other ways) and edited the resources of like the BE-300 and ePods communitys have done?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 7:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi TFGBD,
My own Flash Player "version" uses some different hacks: it does not require any PPC dlls, and it plays Flash files automatically in full screen (which is more convenient with 640x240 screens).
But I think we are getting "off topic": this thread was concerning Netfront on HPC Pro. I will start new threads in the HPC2000 and "Off Topic" sections of this board.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 8:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey geared2003. thanks for your detailed answers.

ive somehow always known that you're a really adept hpc hacker since i saw your uploaded files in the handheldPCs group on yahoo. but i've never really seen you post here. and that's a shame so i do welcome your threads if you wish to start any on these topics.
im very curious about the shell hacks, especially the ppc one (i hate WM5 as much as you do!). once someone posted about this in the cenet section but then he disappeared and never told us how to do it or provide files. hope you will be able to share the files. i dont even think you should wait any longer.
and of course the hpc2000 cenet shell would be real nice as well!! exactly how far did you get with this? do you have a full cenet shell or are same parts still not done? (new thread welcomed!)
any other undisclosed hacks? its beyond me why you didnt share them with the community..

ok back to topic... as for netfront.... i think a little fiddling with the stop button helps with google, but i'll doublecheck
i did not modify netfront at all, i'm not an advanced resource hacker.
but it sure would be interesting to be able to control netfront from the keyboard. i assume this would work on hpc2000 too. could you post your modified netfront somewhere? i will of course upload my dll set too.
i have to admit i like netfront better than worldtalk on hpc pro. but i dont know what the clio is like, the nec 770 has sufficient ram, and it is a very stable machine, etc. i dont really like worldtalk as it does the pic rendering the same way PIE does. and um.. i just dont like that. also netfront can render many pages better... its a more up todate browser.
so this may be dependent on personal preferences and the actual machine. consequently the best thing is to have as many browser alternatives as possible
oh and your lucky to have had CE stuff since 2000. i had only a lowly psion 3a at that time. no more funds for pdas for me back then. now i spend too much on them
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Cmonex, you can find a copy of my modified Netfront here (without PPC dlls):
http://rapidshare.de/files/22275764/NFHPC_CE_211_Mips.zip.html

I changed the default home page in order to explain the different keyboard shortcuts that I implemented. All dialogs have also been modified for a 640x480 screen.

BTW, you have a PM...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the link! i'll try it soon.
aw, 640x480, i want to try on a 640x240 (i lent the 800x600 MP800 to someone )

edit: i just realized now that it would be better to remove the files from that link as the situation about netfront isn't sorted yet (it isn't a freeware, though is no longer for sale. will have to contact Access on this).

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-05 12:15 PM
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 1:07 PM
#
we have Flash player for HPC Pro MIPS?

EDIT: NetFront supports flash in HPC Pro?

Edited by Derek.HPCManiac 2006-06-05 1:08 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 1:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-04 5:59 PM

i just realized now that it would be better to remove the files from that link as the situation about netfront isn't sorted yet (it isn't a freeware, though is no longer for sale. will have to contact Access on this).

How can I edit my own post ? I just can find the edit button
I would like to remove that link...
BTW, you need a working serial to use Netfront3: otherwise, it won't start. This is no W*ReZ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, that's true, it isn't usable if you don't have the registration code it's good to test whether it runs on hpc pro though
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 13