x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3 running on hpc pro!!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

About the Flash Player...

Did you hexedit the Pocket PC one to not use the homebrew Pocket PC dlls or did you find a different one that came with an H/PC type device?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 2:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I hexedited the PocketPC version and replaced some dll calls.
I replaced cellcore and aygshell with serial.dll and ceshell.dll.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I see. That seems kind of silly when you need to exit it by tapping close on it's taskbar button and you loose access to some of the menu items like Open/Save. (Unless you remapped them to keyboard shortcuts with Resource Hacker)

It still seems to work best with a homebrew Aygshell like Dic's CeMenu. Hou Ming's older one that displayed the menubar at the top also seems to work pretty well when it is in fullscreen mode. In normal mode, it covers the part of the application window, though.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I am not trying to convince you that my own version is better
I just think that a full screen SWF player is useful on narrow 640X240 screens. In order to close it, just type ctrl+q.

Edited by Geared2003 2006-06-05 3:47 PM
 Top of the page
nugsoth Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 2:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I've been a lurker at HPCFactor for a while, bu I finally have a reason to post. I run a MobilePro 780, and I have to use it for work (at least for a while). So I have been trying to find a browser that can handle a bit more than PIE can - Im concerned I wont be able to see Sharepoint, and a few other things.

I installed Geared's test version of NetFront (with the Hou Ming version of Aygshell) to see if it might be a good alternative. However, when i try to run it, I get:

"Cannot find 'Netfront3' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Have the files in question changed, or am I missing something in the process?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 3:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

nugsoth - 2006-06-06 2:38 AM

Hello,

I've been a lurker at HPCFactor for a while, bu I finally have a reason to post. I run a MobilePro 780, and I have to use it for work (at least for a while). So I have been trying to find a browser that can handle a bit more than PIE can - Im concerned I wont be able to see Sharepoint, and a few other things.

I installed Geared's test version of NetFront (with the Hou Ming version of Aygshell) to see if it might be a good alternative. However, when i try to run it, I get:

"Cannot find 'Netfront3' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Have the files in question changed, or am I missing something in the process?

Thanks!

You're missing the necessary core files, namely aygshell.dll, mfcce300.dll, olece300.dll, and doclist.dll. You must run executable check on these dlls (must be the MIPS version for MIPS device) and change the OS version to 2.11. Then just place them in the NetFront folder, and you should be good to go.
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 12:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

mscdex - 2006-06-06 2:13 AM

You're missing the necessary core files, namely aygshell.dll, mfcce300.dll, olece300.dll, and doclist.dll. You must run executable check on these dlls (must be the MIPS version for MIPS device) and change the OS version to 2.11. Then just place them in the NetFront folder, and you should be good to go.

Location of these files?

"Executable check"? Is this a program, or are you talking about a hexedit of the file(s). If hexedit - location or search string?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

location of files is posted here with instructions for download: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4904&start=31&posts=45

you don't have to hexedit anything.. copy the downloaded files into the program's (netfront3) folder.

the problem this is not a trial but a full version, you will need to obtain a registration code for it (from the developer if possible. i hope so!)

you will be unable to run it without the registration code. (it will ask for the code and will not continue running further until you give it to the program)

oh and the netfront linked here by Geared2003 has modified dialogs or whatever... not sure, didn't have the chance to try it yet.

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-11 1:57 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 9:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

tundrwd - 2006-06-11 9:43 AM
"Executable check"? Is this a program, or are you talking about a hexedit of the file(s)?

Executability Check is a small utility that checks executable files (.exe, .dll) and can identify several types of DLLs that are necessary to execute those files. It will tell you if it identifies a necessary DLL that is missing.

EDIT: 1400th post

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-11 9:54 PM
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 10:15 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok - got NF 3.0 running, using newest HM aygshell.dll, and the ppc MFC dlls from mips211.zip. Used doclist.dll from doclists\3 directory in mips211.zip. All installed in a directory on my CF card "\Storage Card". Got the "prepackaged" that Geared2003 put together.

When NF3 starts, I get the "Construction the environment file. Please wait..."

After an interminable time, I get an error "File write error - cannot save file". Click OK, NF3 continues loading. Then I get an error "Browser warning - Canot read page. Type: file open error." (From the earlier error???)

Click Ok, then I can run the browser (more accurately, take it for a slow walk).

Should the package (CAB file) Geared2003 created be installed in the "root", instead of another card? Are these errors expected with the patched DLL's? Or something else?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 2:11 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, NF3 should be installed in the default directory (in RAM). And, yes, it is not very well optimized for HPCPro, that's why I uninstalled it...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 9:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you should've installed it into ram now it will be difficult to eliminate that problem ... the trick is installing it first in RAM then after first lauch you can move most of it to CF..

optimized or not.. i guess it mainly depends on the RAM amount. 16mb ram can't cope with it too easily, 32mb can, and it runs acceptably on my nec 770. and you can access so many more sites..

btw i didn't try Geared's version yet to see if it (modifications) makes its performance worse

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-17 9:30 AM
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-06-16 6:28 PM

optimized or not.. i guess it mainly depends on the RAM amount. 16mb ram can't cope with it too easily, 32mb can, and it runs acceptably on my nec 770. and you can access so many more sites..

btw i didn't try Geared's version yet to see if it (modifications) makes its performance worse

Is there an unmodified trial version of NF 3.0 for mips around to test this out? Even just to get the registration page to display? I surfed for quite sometime and could not find one. I have a MP770.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, sorry, the developer never released a trial version for mips or sh3. only for arm.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-07-01 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I managed to take Geared's version out for a test spin, and it displayed pages very nicely. I didn't hit anything that wouldn't load. However, I got fatal errors with the "browser settings" dialogue under tools, and also the "Z" type icon on the bottom toolbar. Also, I could not run it from the card, even after first installing in RAM and them moving it. CMONEX, could you confirm whether you get errors with those dialogues with the version you are using? I don't want to contact ACCESS about selling version 3.0 until I know how much functionality there is. Thanks.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.359 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 23