x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: Jornada 728s, 720, J728 ROM and power adapters.

1 2
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've bought a fair bit of broken Jornada stuff over the last little while, and now that I've fixed it up, it's time to sell it.
I have:

2 bashed and battered but fully functional Jornada 728s. Each comes with battery and power adapter ONLY. One had a bad backlight, but has been replaced, the other had a bad screen, but has been replaced.

1 nice clean Jornada 720, again with unit, power adapter and battery only. Nothing wrong with it, the last owner just didnt know how to change the backup battery. Very good condition. I can upgrade it with one of the 728 ROM boards if you like.

2 Jornada 728 ROM boards. These are the 64 meg north american english boards.

1 power adapter.

Used Jornada 728 parts. I've got everything but screen cables.

I cal also toss in Orinoco Silver wifi cards with any of those for $35 canadian.

Make me an offer on anything that sounds interesting. Because the 728s are roughed up a bit, and don't have things like a dock cable or stylus, they're perfect for someone who wants a 728 without paying the typical $300 for one.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada, and am willing to ship just about anywhere.
Reply here, or contact me via email/MSN messenger at jax184 AT hot mail d0t com, or over AIM.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 11:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Update:
Pictures of the two 728s can be seen at
http://www.jax184.com/jornada2 and
http://www.jax184.com/jornada3

As you can see, they both have scratches and wear marks on the cases. The HP and 728 stickers have been removed in these pictures so that I could repair their screens, but they'll be back in place by the time you recieve them. Again, make me an offer on the units.

I made a mistake, I can include Lucent Orinoco silver (flashed to gold) cards for $25 Canadian. That's $22.50 US.

I don't have the Jornada 720 here at the moment to get a picture of it, but I'll be able to shortly.

You can figure the cost of shipping by going to the fedex site and entering my postal code - V6K 3V8 - and your own address.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 3:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

When you say you've got two 728 ROM boards, do you mean that these are spare mother boards for 728s or are they the upgrade daughter cards to make a 720 a 728?

Edited by oflash 2006-06-18 3:24 AM
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 4:01 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The daughter cards.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Just wanted to mention that both ROM boards are now sold. I may get more later, we'll see.

Since no one's making me offers on anything, how about I lay down some prices?

Jornada 720, comes with power adapter and battery only. Case, screen, etc are all in very good condition. $100 US plus shipping.

Jornada 728, comes with power adapter and battery only, case very scruffy and screen slightly dim, $125 US plus shipping.

Jornada 728, comes with power adapter and battery only, case has some scratches and wear marks, but not as bad as the other, screen is also brighter, $150 US plus shipping.

I can include a Lucent Orinoco WiFi card with any of these for $22.50 US, and I'll rebuild the battery pack with brand new 2400 mAH cells for a cost, but I'm not sure how much yet.

That better? If I can sell 728s quickly enough, I'll bring in a bunch more. As it is, I've had these ready to go for 2 weeks with no one interested. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of 728s that one wants.

Top of the page
weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 1:36 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks Jax!

I bought a HP 728 ROM board from Jax, he got it to me fast too.

-Weblacky
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-21 7:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jax184 - 2006-06-19 7:08 PM

Just wanted to mention that both ROM boards are now sold. I may get more later, we'll see.

Since no one's making me offers on anything, how about I lay down some prices?

Jornada 720, comes with power adapter and battery only. Case, screen, etc are all in very good condition. $100 US plus shipping.

Jornada 728, comes with power adapter and battery only, case very scruffy and screen slightly dim, $125 US plus shipping.

Jornada 728, comes with power adapter and battery only, case has some scratches and wear marks, but not as bad as the other, screen is also brighter, $150 US plus shipping.

I can include a Lucent Orinoco WiFi card with any of these for $22.50 US, and I'll rebuild the battery pack with brand new 2400 mAH cells for a cost, but I'm not sure how much yet.

That better? If I can sell 728s quickly enough, I'll bring in a bunch more. As it is, I've had these ready to go for 2 weeks with no one interested. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of 728s that one wants.

You mentioned scratches on the outer cases, but are there any scratches on the screens on either of the 728's you are selling?
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-21 3:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There is some very faint scratching and wear marks, but none of it is visible while the machines are turned on.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 3:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Jax184, I may be interested in the $150 728. But I'm wondering if you'd take something off the price if I trade you for mine. The display has just gone out, and maybe you can repair and resell it. The case is in generally good condition, with a few light scratches; the screen does have several light scratches, but they are not visible when it's on. Please respond here or PM me to let me know. Thanx.
 Top of the page
cutedeedle
cutedeedle Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 11:42 PM
#
I bought a HP 728 ROM board from Jax, he got it to me fast too.

-Weblacky

Ditto, same purchase, same fast shipping, 64M ROM works great. Ditto the thanks to Jax!

Carole
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 12:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm interested in the 728 with the $150 asking price. How much for shipping to the Los Angeles area? (IM'd you, but haven't heard back.)
 Top of the page
ramoncio Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 11:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Any available 728 working 64mb ROM around?
Could you give me a price including shipping to Spain?
Please contact me..
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't have any ROMs left. And since there's not enough interest in 728s any more, I won't be bringing in any more.

CE geek: I havent forgotten about you, I'm just in the middle of moving still with plenty of things demanding attention.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 5:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can wait. Thanx for keeping me up to date.
 Top of the page
Saysana13B Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is the 720 still for sale? I've been trying to get one at a good price on ebay until I realize I'll probably not get one for under 50$.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13