x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hitachi Eplate running a bit slow

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 11:20 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Have been using the Hitachi Eplate more often and have found it more slow to open and to pull up files. Is it time to start purging the registry - and how?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 11:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

To be brutally honest with you, I would consider hard resetting it to clear it out. You'll be combatting registry junk, database junk and file system fragmentation. Hard resetting offers a convenient way around that if you're in a position to crab your cab's, sync back up and start from the beginning.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-06-10 11:25 AM

To be brutally honest with you, I would consider hard resetting it to clear it out. You'll be combatting registry junk, database junk and file system fragmentation. Hard resetting offers a convenient way around that if you're in a position to crab your cab's, sync back up and start from the beginning.

I just got everything set up the way I want it. Most of the programs are on a PC storage card??? Will they have to re-installed too?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 11:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Depends upon the program!

You may find that a lot of them will work - I do Take a copy of the Programs folder under Windows so that you retain the start menu shortcuts, and that will expediate your experimenting. The odd thing might need it, Windows CE Entertainment Pack is a software app example. All your drivers and Patches will need to go back on the device. You can also backup important registry settings to be dumped back on the device after the 'event'.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 12:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

What about "registry cleaner" programs? There are at least one or two of these out there.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-06-10 12:52 PM

What about "registry cleaner" programs? There are at least one or two of these out there.

not for sh4 processors - or I haven't seen one.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 6:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Geez, forgot - ePlate is SH4.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12