x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gmail for PocketPC

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-25 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi all,

I found a link http://gmail.wiggster.com/ that is supposed to allow one to access gmail on PocketPC. Am going to test out on my MP790. Will keep you folks updated!

Things just keeps getting better everyday! At this rate, I'm going to be able to wash my clothes with my MP790 in no time!! hahaha
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-01-26 8:02 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Snappy,

Don't forget to go to http://wwww.clotheswasherandmyhpc.com and get the cycleselector.dll and update it on your unit.

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-26 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hahahaa ... ya, but first I need to get the keyboard skin from 911!!!

An update ... that page I pointed to seems to work fine. They also have a php zip package for you to download and install on your own site so that you can access gmail without worrying about your password being captured or something.

I've tried that and it sorta works but the zip lacks an include.php file or something. Or maybe its the config on my server. I've contacted the wiggster chap and is waiting for his reply.

Will keep you guys posted!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-26 8:13 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Whatever happened to that post made of mobile gmail? It works perfectly and quickly on my device - while giving what seems to be full functionality.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-26 8:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

use the search.
 Top of the page
Loose Canon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-10 6:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Things have changed... Gmail can now be accessed outlook or your favorite pop3/smtp mail client.... just thought I would ensure everyone knew this.
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 12:47 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Loose Canon - 2005-02-10 3:18 PM

Things have changed... Gmail can now be accessed outlook or your favorite pop3/smtp mail client.... just thought I would ensure everyone knew this.

Yes, but you need a POP3 client that supports SSL, which doesn't come with the HPCs... I believe nPOP supports it, but I could be wrong. The version of IE in CE .NET also will work with the GMail website.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 8:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah ... now I am wondering whether its worth the time and effort trying to get my MP790 to do all these things its not meant to do. ... Maybe I should just get a 900c instead or a Sigmarion III ?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-13 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

btw, folks, gmail (via glibmailer.php) is working on my site already!! I realised that its gotta do with the .htaccess file on my user root directory that was messing things up. Gave myself a good reason to rake up the php and code for my site.

Now I can access gmail through my own site without a problem. Even downloading attachments are working as well. That is ten more nails into hotmail.com!! ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 2:55 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

www.google-watch.com

-ahahahahhahah
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-02-21 12:55 AM