x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Status of Activesync (Desktop)

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 6:46 AM
#
Hi,

Is it possible to detect whether or not Activesync is connected from a desktop based application? e.g. by reading a registry key or similar? or by a ping request?

Thanks
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 6:08 PM
#
chazco - 2006-06-14 12:46 PM
Is it possible to detect whether or not Activesync is connected from a desktop based application? e.g. by reading a registry key or similar? or by a ping request?

I don't understand exactly what you really mean.

Do you want to detect whether ActiveSync is running on the PC, waiting for a connection from the PDA, or that the connection between the PC and the PDA via ActiveSync is already active?

Do you need to do that from the PC or the PDA?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 2:36 AM
#
On the desktop computer i need to be able to detect if activesync is connected or not. Thanks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 4:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Uh, maybe when it says "Connected" in the ActiveSync window (and the ActiveSync icon is green rather than gray)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 7:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

then you'd need to write a program that has eyes to see the green icon.

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-20 7:09 AM
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 7:34 AM
#
I'm not sure what language you're using to determine this, but as far as .NET goes, you can try using this.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 7:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sorry, that was my post above. I didn't realize I was logged out?

Edited by mscdex 2006-06-20 7:51 AM
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 1:09 PM
#
I'm using Pascal as part of an installer for HPC.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 7:44 AM
#
Can anyone post the contents of %temp%\wcesmgr.log when the Jornada 680 is connected via serial and also when it isnt. Anyone with a 720 willing to do this for both serial and USB is welcome to as well.

This is the only way i can think of doing this. RAPI returns true regardless of connection status, so thats no good.

Thanks all

Edited by chazco 2006-06-25 7:48 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 8:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can ping 192.168.55.101 for a local mode connection - no problem for AS4 in a non-exchange setup, for AS3 it's a little harder because of WAN connectivity. If however the interface is up, there is a connection.

The 'correct' way to do it is to use Common Object Model (COM) and the IDccMan function which will monitor the state and return the status to the call.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 10:52 AM
#
You can ping 192.168.55.101 for a local mode connection - no problem for AS4 in a non-exchange setup, for AS3 it's a little harder because of WAN connectivity. If however the interface is up, there is a connection.

Using IP pinging is tricky to do, since the IP addresses do change (e.g. if thats already used).

The 'correct' way to do it is to use Common Object Model (COM) and the IDccMan function which will monitor the state and return the status to the call.

I think thats what i tried along with RAPI. It returned a true value regardless.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 11:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Iddcman is the correct function. It is system automated. I suggest you go back and look at it again or use DccManSink.

If you use 'IP' pull up the interface not the IP
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9