x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720degrees Linux for the Jornada 720

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 Next »
Frozen
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 2:58 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Everything is broken until he uploads my kdrive. I consider the other one to be completely obsolete..which it is.
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 4:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The xserver in the repository is not broken. I have just installed it.
oski
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-16 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It is still out of date. 2002 versus 2006? I didn't take two weeks to compile it for nothing.
 Top of the page
hugh Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm trying to apt-get install xserver-kdrive-fbdev and it's telling me that the package doesn't exist. I have my sources.list configured with the 720degrees repositories,
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The repository is currently being redone by snickers. The new kdrive has already been packaged, along with some other useful utilities (I think). So just wait until tonight (my time) and it should be back up.
 Top of the page
hugh Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 8:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great news. Thanks for all you're doing on this distro, I'm really looking forward to it becoming a complete OS.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 1:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-07-16 3:40 PM

It is still out of date. 2002 versus 2006? I didn't take two weeks to compile it for nothing.

The one commonly from the ipkg repositories is a 2002 version. Those of you using the one from the apt repository, I pulled from a Familiar unstable feed and it is 2005, so no worries or hurries while we get PS's version of kdrive up.

For anyone who's noticed, I did put up his kdrive, but it turned out to be one that didn't have touch screen support. So in a day or so his updated kdrive will be up.

Also, the website has been updated accordingly. I also recall telling PS to announce that our FORUMS ARE ONLINE, but he apparently forgot and I'm sitting there thinking, why am I the only registered user?

Well he thought we should put it through a thorough testing before making it public. However, I think the best way to test it is to bring the community over and see if anything breaks. So come over and pay us a visit.

http://www.720degrees.org

Top of the page
weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 2:27 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

What's the plan with the new forums, is there a total switch (cold turkey) or what? Is stuff going to be transfered over?

Update * I just registered with the new forum and I'll try to port my WPA write-up to the HOWTO section and integrate any new stuff I've found... I'll also see about doing something in the FAQ section (like the whole mem=64M thing for the HP 728 ROMS and a WPA reference, perhaps the fsk check tricks, etc...*

-Weblacky

Edited by weblacky 2006-07-21 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 2:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I doubt we'll ever leave the Factor community entirely, after all they've been so good to us (and a lot of you 720degrees users, as well as devs, are long time members here). But I would like to divert most of the discussion there so that we have a centralized repository for information. It's hell to sort through this single 30+ page thread looking for the answer to something that's been asked over and over.

As the project grows, we will have a wiki as well, for formal documentation of the project.
 Top of the page
weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 2:41 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

So should we post things (issues) here or there? Should we start issues there and then move them there?

I just want to make sure I don't miss a topic or something because it was on another forum...

-Weblacky
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 2:58 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Basically, all new discussion should be at the official forum. As soon as you find out that the 720degrees forums exist, then you start posting there instead of here. We'll continue to monitor the factor forum but by constantly linking to the new forums, people will eventually transition there without problems.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 10:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ezik - 2006-07-21 9:16 PM

Very interesting site, beautiful design, thanks.

Another thing is that we won't have this bullsh*t spammer problem on the official forums since it's a registered user only place.

The Guest posting ability here on Factor is very useful for many people, it's a shame that it's abused in this way.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 10:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ezik - 2006-07-21 9:16 PM

Very interesting site, beautiful design, thanks.

Another thing is that we won't have this bullsh*t spammer problem on the official forums since it's a registered user only place.

The Guest posting ability here on Factor is very useful for many people, it's a shame that it's abused in this way.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 2:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Nice, triple post to the early announce...

Just to announce, we have forums up. forums.720degrees.net

I did not forget! I was simply unable to get onto my pc for fear of it setting on fire. And lynx is not that great of a method for posting...

Yeah, I thought I installed the heatsink right, but that combined with 98.5 degrees F (37C) in my room...not good.

EDIT: We might need to brighten it up just a tad.

EDIT2: Just like snickers said - we have no plans to completely remove 720degrees involvement in HPCFactor. However, we would prefer general Linux questions, not necessarily related to any distribution, to be in here. We will make sure to post big news in this forum as well, however, because of Factor's ability to refer more people to our distribution than we can ourselves.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2006-07-22 2:18 AM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 2:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Also, we now have an irc registered, but snickers says we can get a better one. I will announce what the possibly permanent one will be later.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11