x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bsquare phh password (howto find out imei?)

Jens
Jens Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 7:19 AM
#
Hey folks,
just obtained a bsquare maui from eBay including accessoires, but it´s password locked. (But I knew that before, that´s why it was only 40 EUR - although I thought it would be easier removing the protection)

As I read in the forums here, I need to contact the bsquare-support and ask for some master password and give them the sn and the imei.
Well - alright, but how can I find out the IMEI of the thing, if all I get is a password request?

And then again: Is the master password given individually for each imei, or is there one master password, that should always work?

Regards
Jens
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 7:41 AM
#
Oh great - just got back this:

"Thank you for contacting Bsquare support regarding your HPC device. Unfortunately BSquare has officially dis-continued the Power Handheld as of June 2004 and no longer supports this device.

Best Regards,
BSQUARE Support"

Very helpful. By the way: Is the IMEI the number displayed at the lower right of the helpscreen?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 9:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

IMEI is on the bottom of the device. write to support@bsquare.com with the subject bsquare powerhandheld master password. you need to provide the IMEI and the serial no (both are on the bottom)
i think it is given individually to the devices but i can give you the one that worked on mine... got it from the bsquare support..
oh and i don't know what helpscreen you mean but the IMEI should look like this: 351810001034920. usually starting with 35181000 on the bsquare phh's

edit: wow they said HPC device? i like that and i hope if you give them this specific subject in the email they will help. the person who helped me was "Mark McGhee".
 Top of the page
Jens Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just for everyone, who´s curious about this too:

The number shown on the helpscreen of the login indeed is the IMEI. So in case you also got a redistributed device (mine is originated from the German company "Skeye", therefore is has seemingly another sticker - or the white blank sticker on the back originally had numbers printed on it, that vanished over the time)

Regards
Jens
 Top of the page
Jens Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 2:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Alright folks, despite the automatical answer, the guys at Bsquare still are helpful, they send me a master-password based on the IMEI. Looks like IMEI is enough for them.
Unfortunately I won´t be able to check it before the weekend, but they already said, this is my last chance of help, as they don´t support the device anymore.

So - evreyone who forgot his/her password, mail to support@bsquare.com rather than sell your bsquare on eBay for a price of a broken one
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 3:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, hope this will work!
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 4:25 PM
#
i just emailed bsquare and got an auto response. is there any way to actually get the master password (and maybe a real person)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 7:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes. write to support@bsquare.com and subject should be bsquare powerhandheld master password and give your IMEI in the email.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 8:42 PM
#
I've tryed that, but i got an auto response saying "Thank you for contacting Bsquare support regarding your HPC device. Unfortunately BSquare has officially dis-continued the Power Handheld as of June 2004 and no longer supports this device. "
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes there's an auto response first, just be patient.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 9:56 PM
#
thank you!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9