x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H-120CW16

wyrm Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 2:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I hope this message is in the right category.

I'm thinking of buying a LG Phenom H-120CW16 (CE2.0) hpc. The seller says that the battery does hold its charge, but cannot say for how long. Does anyone know if batteries for this hpc are still available if I need it later?

I plan to use it for couch internet browsing, showing powerpoint presentations and writing long texts. Do you think this handheld is a good option?

Thanx!

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think you may be able to rebuild it with standard 18650 cells (the battery itself can no longer be sourced). i have two of these Phenom H-120CW16's, and both batteries for them still hold a charge, one lasts 4-5 hours maybe, the other 2-3 this is without connectivity if you manage to rebuild yours let me know if it was easy
well, for text only internet it will be good enough, i have no idea about powerpoint, never tried it, but if you get the vga cable with the phenom you should be able to do that. and it is perfectly fine for writing, i really like the keyboard on these things!
so if it is cheap (not more than 30$) it is worth the money, but if it is more expensive that then maybe you could invest in a nec mobilepro 770. same good keyboard, newer OS, and batteries readily available. or even a 780 for 60$... then you can upgrade it to a 790 and these have the vga out too.
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 4:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2006-06-18 12:50 AM

i have no idea about powerpoint, never tried it, but if you get the vga cable with the phenom you should be able to do that. and it is perfectly fine for writing, i really like the keyboard on these things!
so if it is cheap (not more than 30$) it is worth the money, but if it is more expensive that then maybe you could invest in a nec mobilepro 770. same good keyboard, newer OS, and batteries readily available. or even a 780 for 60$... then you can upgrade it to a 790 and these have the vga out too.

Do you mean that a standard VGA cable doesn't fit the VGA port on the Phenom? How about the VGA port on a Mobilepro?

cmonex - 2006-06-18 12:50 AM

He's asking 80$...so that is overpriced?

Thanx!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 8:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no it is not a standard vga port on either hpc. the mobilepro vga cable is easy to find, 10$ on ebay, the phenom vga cable is impossible to find if it doesn't come with the machine (it was a standard accessory with these phenoms though).
80$? very overpriced especially as he couldn't care to fully test the battery.
even i as a hpc collector wasn't willing to pay this much! hope he at least offers the ac adapter as the connector is very special, so is the voltage (10V, blah).

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-18 8:20 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9