x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Copy PIM Information from PPC to bSquare

mmarks Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 3:13 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Since all the new posts of the bSquare PHH I have renewed my love for it and will start using it again!

I have a large collection of appointments and contacts on my PPC (wm2003se) and want to transfer these to my bSquare.

I can't use active sync as my PC uses Lotus Notes and not Outlook and I do not know of any ce.net 4.1 sync products for Lotus Notes.

What I want to do if possible, is back up or copy my PIM data from the ppc to an SD card then resotre it onthe PHH. I know I can beam them, but this would take far too long. Anyone know of a method or product to allow me to copy PIM from PPC to ce.net??????

Thanks,

BTW iGo 2006 doesn't work on the bSquare!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

igo 2005 did run on the bsquare but that is no use to you as that didnt have an EU version, just hungarian maps (the software is of hungarian origin..)
didnt look into igo 2006 too much but what you need for 2005: gapi (original gx.dll to be deleted), nyditot (for portrait mode for the first startup of the program), application.dat renamed to exe after running the setup.exe, aygshell, noteprj and OS version hexedit for the application.dat.exe and for setup.exe. but the touch screen is out of sync with the display when running igo 2005 so no good.

ok, so about the PIM, several pocketpc backup programs will backup the PIM to a SD card, the question if any of them can be made to work on the bsquare. easiest method seem to be installing outlook temporarily.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Building on cmonex's suggestion, you should try a CE backup program which runs on both your PPC and bSquare (or has different versions for them), and hope that restoring the PPC database on the bSquare would work. If it doesn't work you might need to hard reset the bSquare though, so a bit of caution there
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, bsquare backup (same as bfile onboard but allows you to set your own options i.e. database backup/restore only and so on) couldn't restore the PIM database for me even though it backed it up fine (i can read the backup file). i tried to backup sms's and it restored only the headers, not the text. maybe it would backup/restore the contacts fine though. can't remember if tried that. problem: no idea about ppc compatibility.
artsave is available for both the ppc and for the hpc, but if you have a wm5 ppc, it probably isn't compatible.
only spb backup and some other one (sunnysoft? or what?) are compatible with wm5 but i have no idea about the bsquare.

as i said why not install outlook temporarily...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 31