x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Browser on HPC2000

1 2 3 4
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 2:52 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Does no one realize this?! http://www.pc-counselor.com/gmail/index.php ...that will at least be a solution for those of us with PIE...
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 3:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Many thanks for all the answers and tips! I'll try NetFront 3.0 to see if it solves a problem seeing couple of pages I'd like to. If it does, the next step will be persuading the Access people to sell me an obsolete version. I am not sure if I'll be successfull but it will be worth trying.

About using two browsers: this is exactly what I am doing on my PC. My default browser is Firefox but I have IE for backup.

So much rumor about Gmail! I see that I need to get a Gmail accout to check out what it is all about
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 4:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have just tried to install Netfront 3.0 without success. I saw that you posted an already edited version (there is mfcce301.dll instead of mfcce300.dll inside). Do you still have the original one?

I copied NetFront3.exe to my Storage card and also the corresponding DLLs to the same directory. I also tried to rename mfcce300 to mfcce301. Then I tried with some other versions of same DLLs. Next, I tried to copy everything to main memory. Every time the same (well known) message: "Can not find 'NetFront3' (or one of its components)..." With hex editor I saw that coredll.dll and winsock.dll are also listed. Any other ideas? Is the directory name important?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 8:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi!

sorry, i forgot to include the original cab file!! must have been too tired! the exe isn't enough in itself, you have to install the cab file.
i'm not home at the moment, but i'll post the cab file as soon as i get home (tomorrow).
sorry once more,

cmonex
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I believe you may want to first try having the mfc dlls in the windows directory. Safest bet, least variables!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-01-29 12:52 AM

Does no one realize this?! http://www.pc-counselor.com/gmail/index.php ...that will at least be a solution for those of us with PIE...

btw, I tried installing this gmail lite thingie to my own site ... but just keep getting errors with it. I suspect its the curl commands that are failing, or cookie or something.

The version on the above site uses the older version and does not correctly retrieve the mailbox anymore.

This site is pretty neat ... I just wish they modify it for landscape mode!!
http://www.wiggster.com/gmail/index.php?err=1

I also downloaded the package from this site and try to install on my site. But no go. This chap forgot to include his "include.php" file!

And for the original PHP project at sourceforge ... here's the link

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmail-lite/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 9:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If we had PHP installed on the server, I would make you guys a HVGA version, you know that

...but we don't. So all go Lobby Insurgent to install it
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 9:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Once I get it working, it will be *HVGA* mode!! ... and you folks are free to use it. ... granted, as long as the traffic on my site don't bust!

What is this Lobby Insurgent thingie abt?
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 9:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I successfully installed NetFront 3.0. I've first found another package (tweaked EXE file, and needed DLLs: aygshell, doclist and mfcce301 - yes 301!) - VoyForum archives. This exe file was exactly the same (compared with hex editor) as cmonex has. The problem with this exe is, that requires registration- you can not even run it without! Grrrrr!

Then I found original installation files at HandanGo:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&jid=878BF33497118641E548266XD658B2F7&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0§ionId=0&productId=47769

With the above mentioned DLLs it works! The only problem with this file is, that you cannot purchase it on-line: "currently not avalable...."

Now I have a big big problem (or challenge). Contact the Access people and try to purchase it. Anyone has an idea if there is a place on earth where I could buy it in an usual way?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

vjurkas: i知 glad that you succeeded in installing netfront

if you can稚 register it, maybe i can help you... but i hope you can reach Access..

Snappy: what痴 the problem with QMail3 for gmail? i believed you managed to use gmail with Qmail3.

Edited by cmonex 2005-01-29 12:09 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh i can see now that you got the full version you only need the reg code for that.
i’ll try to post the cab file (the trial version - there you dont need the reg code to run it!), as i just realized that i have the cab file on my jornada, will try to get an ftp client now for the jornada - to upload the file so that you wont have to wait for tomorrow hehe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh i forgot to reply to this: you should alwazs avoid putting the fake dlls into windows folder because that may stop other programs from working!!
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 2:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi cmonex! Well, what I downloaded from Handango is a trial version that works. So, I have the right exe and dll files. When browsing the web I have found this link - a very fresh post:

http://www.handy.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=28983&start=135&sid=9476c23fdf87e34efe3d2aa732112e2a

Look for the post by SolarW. It is how to install NetFront on the CF card. In short words: with a hex editor look for the path "Program Files/NetFront3" and change it to "Storage Card/_NetFront3". The importan thing is that the length of the new directory name remains the same. Than make a directory on you CF card and copy the contents of (previously installed) NetFront directory to CF.

I haven't tried it yet but SolarW claims that it works
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-01-29 10:03 AM

vjurkas: i知 glad that you succeeded in installing netfront

if you can稚 register it, maybe i can help you... but i hope you can reach Access..

Snappy: what痴 the problem with QMail3 for gmail? i believed you managed to use gmail with Qmail3.

I managed to get Qmail3 to connect and do SSL TSL, but it just gets a RETR error after the display says it finish with downloading!

I also just found that the wiggster link above works fine ... BUT ... attachments somehow fails ...

Hope gmail release one without scripts fast!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok then, i might have misunderstood you (you wrote netfront doesnt want to run without a reg code)

i dont really understand your post about installing netfront on a CF though. i installed it on CF by default and had no problems with tht.
did you have problems with it?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11