x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

opera on 900c!!

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

YES!!! we finally cracked it! opera now runs on the900c. im using it to post! i realized it just needed anorher coredll. namely the 541696 bytes coredll. it's on my site. go get it and edit opera.dll to call coredl2.dll. maybe you also need the 22k aygshell. edit it to aygshelp.dll. this is the beta, i wil try the final (trial) version too.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 6:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Curious, what does it gain over the IE6?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

followup: i checked and aygshelp.dll is indeed needed
trying now final ver8.60...

edit: 22k aygshelp.dll is not so good as the stock cenet 4.2 aygshell so i edited opera.dll to use the ce.net one: just find the two instances of the 61 00 00 80 string in opera.dll and edit them to 28 00 00 80.

until that:

screenshots:
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich, it may be faster in some cases (doesn't hog the CPU so much), and it is just cool.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

final 8.6 will not work

update: wm2002 8.6 will not work, but wm5 8.6 WILL, with special extra hacks

edit: my bad, i somehow used the beta wm5 one.. still it is better than the wm2003 one
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok browsed with opera 8.5 beta for WM5 (better than the wm2003 version) and i can finally confirm it is much better than IE6 regarding speed especially "back" and "forward" buttons and reloads. heh. also you can stop the page while it is still loading (or just start reading) and this way it loads most pages faster than IE6, at least on the 900c. and rendering isn't any worse. it really is just a finer experience than IE6 at least on the 900c. for example the netbook pro doesn1t have anything to improve on, IE6 is very fast on it
too bad i can't get the 8.6 trial to work... yet...
will soon upload the wm5 hexedited executables... you can't install from the cab as ce.net does not understand the format of a wm5.cab. so i extracted the stuff and copied them in the correct directories.. *phew* you must set the clock back before 1 june 2006 before first launching opera.exe
to "open in new window" you have to click and tap and hold directly *before* the link. to exit there's a big X in the bottom right corner settings window needs winwatch win+X. and you can edit opera.ini, seems very useful, keyb shortcuts and such.
lots of other useful stuff.. zoom.. full screen isnt bad either.. cool download manager.. popup blocker.. etc

download links:
1) wm2003beta2 http://csakugy2.atw.hu/Operawm2003beta.zip
install cab, copy & overwrite stuff from opera folder in the zip
2) wm5beta http://csakugy2.atw.hu/Operawm5beta.zip
don't install anything, just copy the stuff from the zip under /Application Data (in root in RAM) and Program files/Opera folder
...set clock back (BEFORE first run!!!) and have fun!

EDIT: about the attachments:
1) see the nice tabs
2) see how well it fits the images to screen size.. NO scrolling!
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-06-27 12:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just wanted to say congratulations, very cool stuff.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-27 1:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes, congratulations, cmonex... You have added more life to our HPCs ... Anyway, I do like Opera for P***** PC and Opera for PC...
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-06-27 5:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CmoneX, send me the .exe file, I'll do my best to fix dialogs for 640x240 screen ;-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-27 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

stasheck, the problem is ce.net 4.2 specific. you can only see a very small square window, because the SIP is not installed on the 900c (funny eh that it needs that). i don't think it is fixable in the way you usually do it (thank god, winwatch helps). but if you want to try, i posted the link to the executables, read the posts. but it's the opera.dll, that really matters anyway, the exe is just a launcher

sig3: it will not load pages i guess ws2.dll is the problem
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-12 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

update.. using opera 8.6 to post. yes, on the 900c.

isotherm made a cool hack - maybe it has already been mentioned but if not: 8.6 is a lot better than 8.5. and you can buy it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-12 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

and now posting from smartbook... yup... isotherm's dll solved it (even the beta2 would not runbefore this)

here this is almost like a pc.. regarding speed
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-12-12 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

That's nigh on miraculous. Are the rest of us going to have access to this success? Isotherm, will you let Cmonex post it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-12 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, it isn't fully clear to me! he sent me coopera.dll (this is what makes 8.6 work), but i cannot give it out because it contains an IMEI of mine. i'll try to explain, opera requires a device id to register, and that isn't possible without coopera, and that's why opera just will not start up (i guess some function missing from coredll - coopera takes its place by the way). so i had to provide a device id for isotherm and i took it from my qtek 9000 (pocketpc ), so it is my IMEI too. the device id will be needed for registering as well, so isotherm will have to make a unique coopera.dll for everyone.
(to make this more clear, even the trial version needs coopera)

so, ask isotherm to send you one, after supplying some device id (or maybe he'll generate one for you) - then enjoy!!

i definitely use opera 8.6 a lot more than IE6.. a lot faster. doesn't hog system either. rendering is about equal. so it is good

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-12 10:12 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-12-12 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah, that's about right... For the faint of heart I will still suggest you get compatibility layer
so you don't have to mess with ExecutabilityCheck or face other minor issues Opera has as-is. But if you don't mind doing such things then it can run acceptably with a minimal layer DLL. If you are interested, you should send an email to my address with subject "coopera.dll" (really important, please put that in the subject so I can find it later, and please don't PM). I would appreciate a bit of patience until I have a system in place to generate these efficiently.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 18