x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 1:29 AM
#
Who ever knew a solid plastic pen could be so expensive?

Of course, I'm talking about styluses.

I was digging around to find a stylus for my MP790 when I ran into this site: http://www.stylisource.com

At this page: http://www.stylisource.com/detail.asp?product_ID=t10mg is supposed to be a stylus that is compatable with the 790, or rather, at least fit the holding slot.

But, hell, at $2 a pop, I can barely pass it up. I'm gonna send them an email to ask if they actually tested its fit. But I would really like an OEM replacment, if I can even find any. Oh well, descisions, decisions.

StyliSource has a few other handhelds listed that I recognize; maybe someone can use it.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 2:48 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I am still very happy with my combo stylus/black pen/red pen/mechanical pencil!
(and the tip of my fingernail....use that too often I believe...)

Hey, can I hijack this and make it a poll of what kinds of styluses everyone uses?

Its nice that you found a site with replacement ones, though...I occasionally find myself popping out my stylus (aka what could be considered a claw to my screen) and about to use it.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hehe ... I'm getting used to the plastic stylus from my MP790. I still miss the *weight* from my T3 stylus ... but the plastic stylus for my MP790 is *BIGGER* so it feels better in its own way.

PS: I also use the top smooth edge of my finger nails!!! Sometimes I find that most convenient! Comparing to my T3, it makes sense, since I do not use the touch screen to write, but only to do selection. So most of the time, I am typing and clicking on the screen with my finger nail!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 9:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Brain Recall,

I've ordered the T10MG from Stylisource several times...they are a perfect fit, in both length and diameter.

If I remember correctly, if you order $10 or more, then you get free shipping. So it is cheaper to buy 5 of them for 10 bucks than to buy 1 of them and have to pay $4 shipping or whatever it was.

You won't be disappointed.

Rich
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 6:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2005-01-29 9:28 AM

Brain Recall,

I've ordered the T10MG from Stylisource several times...they are a perfect fit, in both length and diameter.

Any chance the T10MG would fit in the MP 900/900c?
 Top of the page
exscentric
exscentric Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 8:59 PM
#
I usually use a pen/stylus combo as I use a leather case and it has pockets. It is easier to stick one in the pocket rather than dig the zipper away from the built in. Like the bigger size also - just call me fumble fingers :-)

I carry a casio be300 in my shirt pocket and use its built in stylus and it works okay.
 Top of the page
Henri Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 3:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Have a look at this one. I use it a lot and this is very convenient when typing and there is a need to tap also.

http://www.stingerstylus.com/products/
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 2:19 PM
#
Rich Hawley - 2005-01-29 9:28 AM

Brain Recall,

If I remember correctly, if you order $10 or more, then you get free shipping. So it is cheaper to buy 5 of them for 10 bucks than to buy 1 of them and have to pay $4 shipping or whatever it was.

You won't be disappointed.

Rich

That's eactly what I wanted to know, Rich. I checked thier site, and yes, free shipping after an order of $10 or more. Looks like I'm gonna get five

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13