x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pvb files and HPC 2.11

confused
confused Page Icon Posted 2006-06-28 8:36 AM
#
hi, I am trying to get PVB files to run. I have downloaded and isntalled MFC and Runtime files for 2.11 and have PVB.EXE in my Windows folder. Any suggestions on what I need to do and how. Do I need to regoster files - of so, what are the commands to do this?

yours in confusion
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-28 3:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

confused, which H/PC Pro device do you have which doesn't have the PVB runtime in ROM?

You need to ensure that you have the following on the device:
MSCEComDlg.dll
pvbform2.dll
MSCEFile.dll
pvbhost2.dll
vbscript.dll
MSCECommandBar.dll
pvbload.exe
pvbdecl.dll
MSCEImageList.dll

Note: This is NOT a comprehensive list of all pVB Lib files, it's wnough to get you going though.

... and that the .vb file type is registerd to open using pvbload.exe
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 12:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This has been discussed before. The problem seems to be that apps written with the file extension .pvb don't seem to work with the runtime files, but ones written as .vb files do. (And just changing the file extension from .pvb to .vb doesn't work - I've tried that.) It's like they're compiled differently.
 Top of the page
confused
confused Page Icon Posted 2006-07-02 8:35 AM
#
hi and thks for this - I have a Jornada 690. Any suggestions on where I can download these files? I assume I dump them in the Windows folder - but how do I register *.pvb files to load from PVBLOAD.EXE ?

ps. ty, you've provided the most help I've recieved in 2 weeks of searching!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-02 12:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't figured out how to get .pvb files to work.

Vincent Collura has tons of .vb files on his site (http://www.cebeans.com), but they're for Pocket PCs (CE 3.0 and above). I've gotten them partially working on my H/PC 2000 devices, but at the moment I can't get the menus to work. Some people on this site have been able to get Pocket PC apps to work in H/PC Pro (using some fancy DLL files), but I haven't had any success with this with Visual Basic apps thus far. (Visual Basic apps are basically a pain to deal with.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-02 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

for CE3 vb apps you may need the newer vb runtime and register it with regsrv or whatever (i have the registering file)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-02 12:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not the ones on this site?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11