x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I just got a Mobilepro 900 & was curious about 900c upgrade

oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-07-04 6:27 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I just bought a pair of Mobilepro 900's. I can't wait to get them in. What is involved in upgrading one of them to a 900c? Do I replace the orginal ROM board with a 900c board? Or do I simply reflash the current unit? And if so, where can I buy the software?
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-07-04 6:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

oliverredfox - 2006-07-04 6:27 PM

I just bought a pair of Mobilepro 900's. I can't wait to get them in. What is involved in upgrading one of them to a 900c? Do I replace the orginal ROM board with a 900c board? Or do I simply reflash the current unit? And if so, where can I buy the software?

The 900/900c has Flash ROM for the OS. Upgrading involves finding a copy of the upgrade (it comes on a CF card) and following the directions for reflashing the ROM. No hardware changes required. Unfortunately, NEC doesn't sell the upgrade any more, so you need to find it on Ebay.
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 5:50 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I made a nice little trade to get my hands on an upgrade kit. I can't wait to play around with them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10