x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

160x240 display for CE.net 4.0?

iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-07-05 1:29 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am going 2 buy an industrial pda. kinda highly customized. with only 160*240 lcd and ce.net 4.0

i know that ce.net supports many screen resolution. but how about the ordinary softwares?

ce.net supports hpc pro pspc and native ce.net softwares.

can hpc pro software automatically does on-the-fly "scaling" and fits perfectly for 160*240? i know some appz are not designed for a fixed resolution and will resizes itself to fit the hpc. like changed to 800*600 on big hpc pros and 640*240 on hvga hpcs.

how about native ce.net appz?

pls advise

Edited by iamjoe 2006-07-05 1:35 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-05 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have a QVGA ce.net 4.2 pda, and most apps will fit but sometimes you have to scroll around.

native apps will ofcourse fit as the OEM should have done the work for that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-05 6:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Any native C application has the capability to resize automatically, however in a 160 wide region you will be pushing most applications control regions.
Some dialogue geometry generated by the shell will wrap to fit (assuming the message isn't too long).

VB is another story, but you're not too likely to encounter anything in that light.

Did you really mean that it's 160 pixels wide?
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 2:04 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2006-07-06 6:40 AM

Any native C application has the capability to resize automatically, however in a 160 wide region you will be pushing most applications control regions.
Some dialogue geometry generated by the shell will wrap to fit (assuming the message isn't too long).

VB is another story, but you're not too likely to encounter anything in that light.

Did you really mean that it's 160 pixels wide?

Yes, it is kina engineering sample and i have checked with the real pictures.

160 pixels wide, 240 high.

I fear that most ce programs are designed for, at least, 320*240. Say PsPC, PPC prgrams. Some hpc programs are for hvga or svga (auto-resizing).

how will they perform on a 160 wide environment?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 8:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

wow, that is small!

Natively, Windows CE 4 is setup for ###x320 as a base. OEM's can of course recompile it to fit into smaller devices - such as the HVGA standard MobilePro 900C.

As I said above, applications written in C can implement automatic resizing, and as I said above the problem will be because you're crushing heavily populated form regions into a small area, the system may have no choice other than to go outside of the display region. The other issue may be with hard coded dialogues and any VB application.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes the programs will probably go out of the visible display region, but it is easy to scroll around by dragging the stylus though definitely not comfortable.
same thing when running a hpc app on a pocketpc i can scroll out of the visible region to get to the other parts of the app...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9