x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 680e resolution/screen issue

dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 12:37 PM
#
im trying to figure out if this thing has the patch for 64,000 colors. when i compare it to a pc with 256 colors, it looks better- but many images will have a chess board pattern covering them, and some even have what looks like a waterfall running through them. i imagine i can just try the hp update when i get back to my machine, but am wondering if the second issue i described is because of the resolution?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 2:07 PM
#
and some even have what looks like a waterfall running through them

Just just part of how DSTN screens work, nothing to worry about.

m trying to figure out if this thing has the patch for 64,000 colors

Is it the Dutch Railway Refurb model (the one with the logo on the front and a plastic window underneath)? If so then the 64k colour patch wont work (and isnt installed by default). I never figured out why. When i changed the ROM board in mine the patch worked, so maybe its a custom build.
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 3:53 PM
#
thanks chazco. ill probably be told to search, but do you know a good place to get a system board? i wouldnt want to end up one that came from the same dutch model as mine. i checked ebay for the upgraded ones with 32mb, but it kept saying they werent for the 600 series. im pretty sure i heard you can upgrade to a 32mb board. either way, a 16mb one would do. i assume there are different product numbers.

i will continue to search for my own answers, but any help would certainly be appreciated!

-dan
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 4:08 PM
#
ill probably be told to search, but do you know a good place to get a system board? i wouldnt want to end up one that came from the same dutch model as mine. i checked ebay for the upgraded ones with 32mb, but it kept saying they werent for the 600 series. im pretty sure i heard you can upgrade to a 32mb board. either way, a 16mb one would do

eBay is probably your best bet for this. I cant give you a product number, but can give you a description of what to look for. The Jornada 690 (680 upgrade) board is a rectangular board with 4 chips on it. Dont confuse it with the 720 boards, which are also 32mb but completly different.

Your best bet is to have a look on eBay, then post the auction on here and we'll tell you if its the right module or not...

Good luck...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 8