x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 620LX - With WinCE 2.11 - How can I renew DHCP or IP Address?

Da_Aceman
Da_Aceman Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 4:46 AM
#
Hello again all!

Thanks to HPC Forums I was able to fix one problem I had... getting online with a PC Card NIC. It works great now... but...........

The problem is now that when I switch networks (my home and work) which have different IP addresses assigned by the routers, I can't log on to the internet. When I check the IP address using the Microsoft IP Lookup program, it still uses the home IP address even though it states that DCHP is Enabled. I tried to hit refresh, soft reset, remove and reinsert the NIC card but nothing happens. Is there any way to renew or release the IP address? Or perhaps a program that does that function? I thought I saw one program long time ago that does releasing and renewing but I forgot what it was called or where I saw it.

Hopefully HPC Factor can help me out again

Thanks
Da_Aceman
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 7:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This says it has HPC Pro and HPC2000 support. Was the first one I found on a search.
http://www.zepocketforge.com/_Ping.asp
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 7:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As commented on in another thread. Here is a link to the HPC build:
http://24.234.143.242/p6/pingtrial101.exe
 Top of the page
Da_Aceman
Da_Aceman Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 4:16 PM
#
Hello again!

I downloaded the PingTrial101 file and I tried to install the .cab files but none of them work I copied all the cabs to a CF card then tried to install them one by one until one worked but none of them do. From the ZePocketForge website, I think I need to have WinCE 2000 but I only have WinCE Pro running on the 2.11 core so I don't know how I can make this program work on my HPC. One version installs but it is not usable, PSPC3_SH3 is that file. The HPC3 files don't work. Would you happen to know of any other programs or perhaps a way to erase the DHCP settings without manually entering IP adresses and gateways? Basically I want to use this HPC at work, home and at a public place where I can just plug into the internet. Hopefully someone knows of a few good tricks to make this setup work.

Thanks
Da_aceman

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 4:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It states on their website that 1.01 is Pro compatible. I guess that the binary must be corrupted on that download.

You can delete the lease information from the registry, but you need to know the driver name.

It will be in
HKLM\Comm\1\Parms\TCPIP\
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8