x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Better AIM Client?

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 4:01 PM
#
http://developer.aim.com/aimccMain.jsp

AOL released a SDK for developing your own AIM client, and it also has PPC stuff within the SDK. I know that there is an ARM AIM client that'll run on 720s, but it's really pretty crappy. Very limited, almost impossible to switch between "windows" with the stupid little button on the top when you use your finger....really needs some work.

I wonder how well the PPC stuff can be moved to HPC (through some "tweeking" and having it built for HPC as best it can.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 5:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, what about iMov? I believe it will work with AIM and other clients... I guess it is better than the old AIM for CE...
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

iMov is a Jabber client. The Jabber server can be set up to work with most of the major IM networks, but you need the server, not just the iMov software. There are public Jabber servers, but do you really want to try all your IM login info to someone who runs a service like this out of the good of his heart?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 5:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yeah, you are right.. I think AIM should work okay than or this better one...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2006-07-11 11:24 PM

iMov is a Jabber client. The Jabber server can be set up to work with most of the major IM networks, but you need the server, not just the iMov software. There are public Jabber servers, but do you really want to try all your IM login info to someone who runs a service like this out of the good of his heart?

been doing exactly that for over 1 year now though not with jabber but with bitlbee.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 1:01 AM
#
Well I just got the newer AIM 2.0 version that AOL has for free now, it's nicer but still sucks. If I can learn C (I know VB) I can start up on some kind of client...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 1:16 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Start learning now, and don't look back. Otherwise, it will never get done.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 2:59 AM
#
Yeah. I need to learn C. I know VB pretty good, but it sucks for doing anything worth while (most of the time)...so that's why I need C.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10