x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cisco wireless set up problems--J720

1 2
whiteclay Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Greetings all-

I recently got a cisco air-pcm340 card for the J720, and I am having great difficulty configuring it to run on my wireless network in my home. I downloaded and installed the exe file from cisco called CiscoWinCE300v200, and it seemed to install just fine. I put in the numbers that it asked of me, and when I run the cisco link status, it is telling me that it is recieving a signal, and the Statistics Utility says that the signal is there. But when I try and ping my router or any other computer in my house, it don't get a bounce back. Furthermore, when I try and start IE, it says that there is no connection found.

Lastly, if I pull the card out of the J720, and then reinsert it, it won't recognize it.

I would be grateful if someone can provide me some insight on how to fix this problem.

Thanks-

Joe HC
 Top of the page
whiteclay Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am thinking that my problem must be really obvious and I am a complete knothead, or it is a unique situation (which I find hard to believe) because no one has responded yet. Can someone please throw me a rope here?

Thanks-

Joe HC
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 5:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

try the 2.11 drivers, they tend to be more reliable so I am told
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-02 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

My Cisco 340 card just quit working, it was working fine yesterday. I left it in my car today and it was warm when I finally got it out. The client utility says no radio association found. I am not getting any signal at all. The orange light is flashing but the green light is not. I did a soft reset and still no luck. Any one have this happen to them?
I figure I’ll let it cool down a few hours and will try again later. Any suggestions would be great!!!
I hope I can fix, but have a roamabout card if it I can’t get it to work.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-02 9:18 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Be patient and let it sit for a day or two. Or just buy a 350
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Still not working. I am patient though, will try again tomorrow. Anyone else???
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Uh, not really sure. You can check the contacts of the card, look inside those holes and look tosee if something is in there. I don't think the heat can destroy a card, especially if it was only warm. Mine gets HOT in my 720.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Still no green lite. My cable was out yesterday so I did not try, and it is raining out side here so I won't try tonight, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Is it working yet? If not, it sound obvious but make sure the card is all the way in.

Nick
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 7:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Sadly no I have tried everything. I am going to install the roamabout. That's ok b/c it has a bigger range than the 340
 Top of the page
christips
christips Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 6:19 AM
#
I have my J720 fixed up with a Cisco 340. It took a lot of fiddling about though.
The drivers are all on the cisco website. If you take the card out you often have to do a soft reset and click on Yes when it asks you if you want to run it on battery power.
The thing that got my card working was to put in the IP address manually - I found it on my wireless set up on my PC.
try that and see what happens - after that it might be down to permissions on your PC setup.

Chris
 Top of the page
christips
christips Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 6:19 AM
#
I have my J720 fixed up with a Cisco 340. It took a lot of fiddling about though.
The drivers are all on the cisco website. If you take the card out you often have to do a soft reset and click on Yes when it asks you if you want to run it on battery power.
The thing that got my card working was to put in the IP address manually - I found it on my wireless set up on my PC.
try that and see what happens - after that it might be down to permissions on your PC setup.

Chris
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 2:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Uhh, his card does not even TURN ON....
 Top of the page
christips
christips Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 6:40 AM
#
Sorry, I was replying to the original thread not the new one that developed.

Chris
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

LOL, no reason to be sorry! It was just funny that you were replying to the first question then, that's all.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13