x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DWL650 and the HP620LX

rba1204
rba1204 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-17 9:50 PM
#
Hi everybody,

I have an HP620LX and I´m trying to install a wireless card, the DWL-650 Rev P1 from D-Link.
I already load the CAB file (from HPC Factor) into my HP and a new icon appears in the control panel "Wireless Config Utility"
But then inserting the card which is recognized by the system, the HP is asking me for "driver name for this PC Card".
I reviewed in windows files and i did not find any driver (.dll) which could be used.
Do some one knows the driver name for this card??
Also i do not know if it is enough with only download and install the cab file.

Help me please and thanks,

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 7:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

rba1204, I have to assume that you have downloaded Prism reference drivers from CESDH0028, because there is no CE2 driver in the HCL for the P version?

If this is the case, then the driver name is PRISMNDS.dll
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 9:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, the belkin ce 2.0 driver will have BKF5DNDS as driver name
 Top of the page
RBA1204
RBA1204 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 10:06 PM
#
C:Amie,
Thanks for answering, yes I have downloaded Prism reference drivers from CESDH0028, corresponding to DWL 650P with number 1.07.24.1025, on CESDH0028 says that driver is compatible with WCE 2.0 SP1 which i have in my HP620LX, also I have NSP, but maybe i am wrong interpreting this, i am confused now.

The driver ID (??) 1.07.24.1025 appears also in others DWL 650s, are they the same??

I tried with PRISMNDS.dll but only ACT led is on, and when i started the program installed "Wireless Config Utility" it send a message "Unable to connect to the Wireless Network Card, please insert it" and is already inserted.

I will continue fighting with this
Regars,
 Top of the page
RBA1204
RBA1204 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 10:09 PM
#
Dear cmonex,
My wireless card is D-Link DWL 650P.
Do you think that the driver you sent gonna work??, cause are different brand i guess.
Thanks for answering
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try the belkin driver from the HCL, for CE 2.0. (driver name is BKF5DNDS)
brand name is no problem.
 Top of the page
RBA1204
RBA1204 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-25 9:19 PM
#
Hi cmonex,
I tried what you told me, but doesn't works.
I started from a clean installation this time, removing all batteries.
installing SP1 and NSP, then I loaded belkin drivers, insert the PC Card, reset my handheld, started "Wireless Config Utility" and a message appears from BKF5DCFG telling me "Unable to connect to the Wireless NetCard, please insert it", and is already inserted.
From the control panel i saw that under system - expansion slot the DWL-650 rev P is recognized.
What could be wrong??, since the card is recognized by the system, but it seems that there is not any communication or driver are nor well installed??
Help please. it seems that solution could not be far.

Regards and thanks,
 Top of the page
Gary
Gary Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 8:37 PM
#
I have the a problem here as well, I get it all installed with all the patches, updates, etc, and then I put the card in, it asks one question (like the driver name or somethin), I type ne2000, and the act light stays on for a little bit, then the card turns off after like 30 seconds, and it reads that its the dwl650 under the system properties.
 Top of the page
ROBKAPOOR
ROBKAPOOR Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 10:01 PM
#
Last time i was trying to install DWL 650 on a jornada I noticed that you need to have minimumsystem 32 mb of Ram so mine did not have it so i bought oronoco gold card which have minimum system requirement of 16 mb ram and comes with win ce drivers. I hope it helps.
Rob
 Top of the page
Gary
Gary Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 10:07 PM
#
I dont have the money for another card. dangit. but thanks.

Gary
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 10:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ne2000 has nothing to do with wlan
sorry, yes you may have to buy a new card
 Top of the page
Gary
Gary Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 10:20 PM
#
Alright, well thanks guys, if y'all could provide me to a link to a card, or a card full out model name/number, that'd help.

what I mean with model name/Number

DWL-650 802.11b Driver: Prism

Stuff l ike that. Thanks guys.
 Top of the page
michael
michael Page Icon Posted 2006-09-21 3:54 AM
#
rba1204 - 2006-07-17 9:50 PM

Hi everybody,

I have an HP620LX and I´m trying to install a wireless card, the DWL-650 Rev P1 from D-Link.
I already load the CAB file (from HPC Factor) into my HP and a new icon appears in the control panel "Wireless Config Utility"
But then inserting the card which is recognized by the system, the HP is asking me for "driver name for this PC Card".
I reviewed in windows files and i did not find any driver (.dll) which could be used.
Do some one knows the driver name for this card??
Also i do not know if it is enough with only download and install the cab file.

Help me please and thanks,

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 28